“One of our favourites in midtown Toronto. EXCELLENT food, service, and atmosphere”
Review of Coquine Restaurant

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Manor Road
Transit: Exit the Yonge and Eglinton TTC station through the south exit, we are a short walk south, just past the Art Shoppe on the North, East corner of Yonge and Manor Road.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Been here numerous times and they continue to impress. The place has a great vibe (it's a French restaurant), the food is amazing (I've had everything from the "steak frites" to the "duo of duck"), and the staff offers some of the best/fastest/friendliest service around (we especially love the Greek waitress "Maria").

The thing about this place is that it's great for anything from a couples dinner to a business party. It's always packed when I'm there so I always make sure to make a reservation, otherwise wait times can be long.

My ONLY complaint I've even had about this place is that their website is still all Flash so you can't visit from most portable devices (c'mon guys, get with the program!).

GO AND ENJOY - you will like it

• Visited November 2012

“Not worth it for dinner”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We have been to this eatery for brunch a couple of times and have found as just ok. The biggest mistake is to go there for dinner. We have tried twice; both times major disappointments. It claims to be a French Restaurant but it is only a overpriced sport bar. Last night found the waiter as indifferent and greasy. Wore a realtor pin so it was easy to come to the conclusion he was a failing realror as well as a failed waiter. Very disengaged and seemed loathsome to be there. Food prices very high for the mediocre food quality. My serving of shrimp and scallops came with boiled frozen peas.. Not very appetizong. Food lacked any special qualities such as freshness, which would be expected at the prices charged. French fries served with a lot of the menu items - deep fried in over used oil. Yuck. NOISY sportsbar environment.

Definately overpriced for dinner considering quality and service. OK for light brunch.

2 Thank D M
“Delish Brunch”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have been here for dinner and it was fantastic! Came for brunch last weekend and it was even better! I ordered the Vanilla French Toast and it was the best French Toast I have ever had!! It was nice and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Melted in my mouth! It comes with sides of mixed berries compote, maple syrup and whipped cream. It was fun creating different flavor combinations. My sister (who gets Eggs Benedict pretty much every time we go to brunch) ordered them here to no surprise;) She said they were probably the best she has ever had, and that says a lot! Her fries were quite delish too, I stole a few;) It has a great little covered patio perfect for people watching. Our waiter was a super nice guy and the service was fantastic. Overall I cannot wait to go back!

• Visited August 2012
ontario
“food good, service terrrible”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently had lunch there with a small group of friends. I had eaten there before and was looking forward to it because the food is pretty good. From the moment we entered the restaurant the waiter was rude ... especially to me. not sure why ... it was very hot out and he asked if we wanted to sit outside .. I said no and it went downhill from there .I ordered my meal and asked that he not include the salad that came with it as I wouldn't eat it .That seemed to offend him. My friend ordered a salad and asked if we could split it. When is was brought to the table it was on one plate (he didnt bring it to the table ... a very nice lady did ). I said that we were sharing so she offered to put it on separate plates for us. Our waiter overheard and stood staring at me with his hands on his hips giving me a very dirty look. He came to our table to refill our water glasses and filled everyone's but mine. This type of rude behaviour went on throughout the meal He didn't respond when we said thank you... just walked away from the table.. He was also nicer to the other guests in the restaurant ... asking how their meals were etc ... but not us. Tthere were several others things that he did ... too many to mention here.
Although I do like the food there, I would never go back and neither will the friends that were with me.
I also would not recommend this restaurant to anyone else for fear they would receive the same rude behaviour .

• Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Reliable steak frites with a nice ambience in midtown”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Coquine in midtown Toronto, just south of Eglinton on Yonge street is one of our regular restaurants. They have a very reliable Steak Frites, however, my choice is usually the veal liver which is excellent and something I don't cook at home, also served with Frites. They have an extensive list of wines by the glass, which come in 3oz or 6 oz servings. They have one of my favourites which is the J. Lohr Merlot. In summer, the patio at the side of the restaurant is nice. There is a bar as well, if you end up waiting for a table. On the whole, a good neighbourhood bistro with a nice lively ambiance

• Visited July 2012