“"P" for Pedestrian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Eden Trattoria makes a common mistake of overcrowding the menu with too many items, then delivering a series of very ordinary plates. Don't come here for the food, come for the outdoor patio on a gorgeous sunny day when food is secondary. Antipasto plate was excellent but then how could a kitchen do otherwise, this is simplicity itself and too bad it did not extend to the rest of the meal. Bland bruschetta, mussels okay but not exciting. Fish and chips the worst in a long time, overcooked, chips soggy. The helpings all around were huge, perhaps they believe quantity wins over quality. Verdict, fast food at expensive prices.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The food is great, atmosphere is pleasant, and the view of the City of Toronto's Skyline is amazing. A must see for visitors to Toronto. Make sure you put money in the mtered parking if you park outside the restaurant. Tickets are $40 if you don't. It's also good for singles.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband, 4 year old son and I went here on a recommendation from a friend. We were welcomed immediately by a pretty waitress/hostess. The menu was extensive and with everything looking so tempting, was hard to choose. I asked the waiter to recommend something for me and I LOVED it. We started with the wild mushroom brushetta and it was amazing. I had (as the waiter told me it was the most often ordered item on the menu) the Pan Seared Basa with a garden salad on the side. Beautifully cooked and amazing flavour. My son really liked it as well. My son ordered a 1/2 order of the cheese tortellini and ate it all. My husband ordered the Grilled Atlantic Salmon and enjoyed it thoroughly. (MINE was more tasty though) Our waiter was pleasant although we had to ask for water. I think that should be a given at any restaurant. I watched as waiters walked by and none of them were smiling. Not sure if they were upset to be working on a Friday or maybe they weren't happy to be working there? There was a man dressed in a pink shirt, not sure of his position but he looked angry all the time! There was lots of time to watch the staff as the service was pretty slow in my opinion. It wasn't that busy in there either. I appreciate that the food was fresh and very tasty so it WAS worth the wait. We ordered a slice of chocolate mousse cake as well as a piece of carrot cake to share. After dinner, we went out and crossed the street to admire the lake, the ducks, the Butterfly Habitat (lots of trees/flowers/long grass) We walked along the path for awhile and looked across at the CN Tower etc. There was a cool breeze but had it been warmer, we might have chosen to eat dinner on the patio and enjoyed that view while eating :)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We dinned here for Sunday brunch. It was nice to be outside on the patio over looking the lake, and enjoying great company. The food is good, but a tad overpriced. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The worst service and over priced food. All the waitresses have attitudes and are so rude! So much for a family restaurant as most of the servers are covered in tattoos and look like cheap strippers!
I'll never bring my family hear again!

3  Thank Starfishrules