“Real and delicious Italian chill place ”
Review of Stelvio

Ranked #21 of 10,304 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

My husband (American) and I (Italian) where in town for work and went to Stelvio for dinner with some Italian friends living in Toronto. The food is really Italian, fresh and authentic ingredients make Stelvio a must for Italian food in Toronto. We had a bunch of starters including an outstanding truffle beef tartare, a bresaola that immediately took me back to my hometown and the mondeghili that left my husband astonished since he never tried them before. I had the Truffle risotto and an amazing real Italian tiramisu. Again, the food is 5 star and even more. What we really like also was the vibe: chill, warm and not pretentious like sometimes Italian restaurants are outside Italy. Definitely a place we will go back on our next trip to Toronto! Oh, and the wine list: top!

2  Thank gigidiloreto

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

While searching for a true Italian restaurant in Toronto I happened to find Stelvio. Everything here is handmade and all from scratch. The gnocchi is my favourite, but I haven’t ever been disappointed with the food here. Will absolutely be returning!

2  Thank Mikechilling
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

First of all the service was excellent. The food was good but not amazing as we expected. The Arenchini balls dish was quite small, the risotto with the mushrooms was amazing and the last dish which my boyfriend ate wasn’t good at all.
The prices of the food is a bit high. Moreover the place is small and a bit noisy. In over all the experience was fine and not more than that.

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Would give 5 stars for the service !
The food was OK and a lil overpriced
It might not be like that all the time
But when me and my girlfriend been there it was too noisy that we couldn’t hear each other

Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

In central Toronto, this little but warm and cozy restaurant can show the taste of Lombardy cuisine.
Every dish is perfectly adherent to the original taste.
Fresh and original ingredient, superbly cooked and presented!
Very good wine list, no large distribution brand but top Italian cellar.
My personal choice is pizzoccheri, a kind of trip to culinary paradise.
Top staff!