“Huge disappointment”
Review of Marben Restaurant

Marben Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Marben Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Portland
Transit: Closest transit stops are King and Spadina and King and Portland by TTC on either the King or Spadina Streetcars. A late evening taxi stand is immediately east of Marben.
Description: Marben is a bustling, downtown Toronto restaurant, renowned for its warm hospitality and seasonally driven, Canadian cuisine. Marben is a gathering place, a local spot where friends and family come to catch up over good food, drinks and music. Marben is your home away from home.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We are regular patrons of Marben so we felt the menu for New years Eve would be spectacular. It turned out to be a "tasting menu" which meant the portions were miniscule. To top things off, the food was hardly special. The soup, a consommé with duck, was tasty enough but was served lukewarm. The main courses were highly average and the dessert was an embarrassment, called chocolate fondue which consisted of melted chocolate and perhaps one piece of fruit. Along with a bottle of wine, the bill for 2 (with tip) was over $300.00. I've been ripped off before on NYE, but expected better from Marben who generally serves good meals. It'll be a while before I go back.

2  Thank allanwexler27
Robert B, Manager at Marben Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Mr. Wexler. I would like to thank you very much for your feedback as it allows us to gauge our performance and make improvements for the future. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience at Marben. We work very hard to make sure that everyone that dines with us enjoys warm hospitality and delicious food and so we take all feedback very seriously. I would love the opportunity to contact you directly. All the best - thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My partner and I just had a great meal and experience at Marben. She had the Moroccan cod tagine, I had slow roasted goat and legion berries(no kidding). Excellent bottle of Barbera D'alba. Staff are friendly and very professional. Highly recommended.

Robert B, Manager at Marben Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review John - much appreciated. Love the Goat humour! Hope to see you very soon. All the best from Marben.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hi Rob -

I have to extend a big thank you to you and your team for helping us host a great party!

Everyone that stumbled into the office this morning were still smiling from having such a great time last night. I've heard from quite a few people who were new to Marben that they were so pleased with the food, the atmosphere and the service that they plan on going back in the near future.

You made it so painless for me to organize and your staff, especially Aaron, were really helpful and welcoming.

Thanks again - I can't wait to have one of those burgers again!

Erin

1  Thank Erin S
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our table of four were all very happy with our dinner. Popular choices with our party were the ceviche cones, the risotto and the burger. The food was excellent as was the service. Great vibe.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I went to Marben with three friends and the food was amazing. The appetizers, dinner and deserts were exceptional and the service was fantastic. There is a wide range of options for all tastes.

There is also a great wine and drink menu and the server was wonderful at offering suggestions with a thorough knowledge of the wine list.

The atmosphere is great. The restaurant was busy, but it still feels intimate and the new interior provides a great ambiance.