“Met some friends and had a blast”
Review of Marben Restaurant

Marben Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Marben Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #376 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Portland
Transit: Closest transit stops are King and Spadina and King and Portland by TTC on either the King or Spadina Streetcars. A late evening taxi stand is immediately east of Marben.
Description: Marben is a bustling, downtown Toronto restaurant, renowned for its warm hospitality and seasonally driven, Canadian cuisine. Marben is a gathering place, a local spot where friends and family come to catch up over good food, drinks and music. Marben is your home away from home.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A good friend had us meet up here because it was a new and trendy spot. I was super surprised and had a great time with some old friends.

The food was great and they had a decent wine list that didn't let me down. I don't get down to that end of town a lot but I know where I'm eating when I do!

1  Thank Briken12
There are newer reviews for Marben Restaurant

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Decided to go out for dinner in the big city. Originally we were going to go to Rodney's for oysters but they were closed. As it was the beginning of the Christmas season a lot of restaurants were closed for private functions, one recommended we walk over to Marben, promising we would not be disappointed. They were right. Great atmosphere and fabulous food. The portions were not huge, which we like, but just right for a satisfying meal. The fresh ingredients and creative menu work together and the flavours come through. The staff was welcoming and knowledgeable even for a simple 2 person walk-in. They do it right and we will definitely return.

1  Thank Neilfive
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Me and my friend ate at Marden on Dec. 1st and it was delightful! The atmosphere was very neat and I couldn't stop looking at the decor for the entire meal. Our waiter advised us to share a dish and then each order our own, so we started with sage gnocchi which was delicious! I ordered the burger (apparently the only consistent thing on the menu), which was HUGE. I definitely didn't need an appetizer at all. My friend ordered trout and it was on the smaller side, so she was glad to have had the starter. As we're both students, the meal was a bit of a treat for us ($50 each), but was well worth it! I was sad that we had to dash off to catch a concert because it looked like Marben became quite a cool lounge later in the evening. Highly recommend Marben!

1  Thank kruser_11
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I were in search of a great burger and oysters on a recent visit to TO, and Marben fit the bill perfectly! We went for a late lunch during the week and it was a real treat!

With the #2 ranked burger (according to Toronto Life Magazine) and Top Chef Canada Winner Carl at the chef, we were quite excited. We started with an heirloom tomato, beet, olive tapanade and goat cheese salad that was fresh, vibrant and delicious.

Then we had 4 perfectly shucked oysters with a house made minionette...superb!

On to the burger and fries, Mmmmmmm, juicy, cooked perfectly and melt in your mouth. The home made brioche bun was perfect and it was interesting that they use rib meat for the burgers (moist and tasty). Honestly, I would have liked a little crunch on my burger, but overall it was still fantastic.

Pricing was on the reasonable-high side, about $50.00 per person for lunch, but it didn't bother us that much because everything was fresh, delicious and made with love. The service was excellent and they had a really nice beer selection.

I would definitely recommend checking it out.

1  Thank Loves_good_things
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Selected this spot using a combination of Chowhoud "toronto's best restaurant thread" for 2012, Tripadvisor, and convenience of Opentable. It certainly lived up to it's great rating in a city with great restaurants. At our table (6 friends) we had the coq au vin, steak, burger, duck and grouper -- as well as the vegetable sides. All -- perhaps with the exception of the burger -- we're excellent and worth a return visit. The burger was fine -- just not as terrific as the rest.

The service was a bit slow -- focused on turnover and cash. The music was so loud we had to raise our voices to hear each other -- and continued to be turned up over the course of our meal. Someone must have asked them to turn it down because it suddenly was cut back allowing us to speak at normal volumes.

We'd all go back for sure

1  Thank jfmack