“Fell From Grace”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 4, 2013

In April 2010 I gave this place a "4". Unfortunately, a return visit the other day was nowhere near as good. Again, i had the pickerel but this time it was a thick chunk instead of a nice thin fillet.
It was served over an unappetizing bed of lukewarm spinach surrounded by some kind of pureed "brown stuff". Very disappointing.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The service here was great - I accidentally dropped my fork and I swear the waiter swooped by with a replacement milliseconds later. I had the bacon-wrapped meatloaf and it was just divine. The interior is really neat with some interesting accent pieces. My friends had the risotto and the jambalaya and both looked and tasted really good. However, the restaurant said they had been out of biscuits since 6 p.m. and for a southern comfort food place, that is a bit odd - I was looking forward to trying their biscuits.

Otherwise, great little place.

1  Thank thatgirlyouknow
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Sat outside, quiet and pleasant street. Waitress was delightful, Australian, helpful and great service. The salads were fresh and the meat loaf was large enough to share with 2 people. Both delicious and the Mill st organic lager shandy delicious too.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The restaurant seems to have some great reviews so I decided to take my family there for dinner after a play at the Panasonic Theater to celebrate my sister's birthday. The food is far overpriced, and the service was below par.
Appetizers came barely warm to the table, they served soup without providing a spoon and had to wait for a server to come around to ask for one. Server took my glass away with a quarter of my drink still left in it. We waited well over an hour for our entrees - they had taken our cutlery away and served the entrees again without providing utensils to eat with, some of our mains were even cold. At this time we expressed our disappointment to our server.
The only reason I don't give a lower rating is due to the fact that they did in the end provide us with a free dessert - which was excellent, and gave one of our four entrees for free as well.
Rated as a four star restaurant but has one star service.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great location, great food and great service! Our waiter, Shaun, offered wonderful suggestions. I went with my husband and daughter before a show at the Panasonic Theatre and it got a thumbs up from everyone. My daughter loved the atmosphere. Everyone from staff to other patrons were friendly. I had the meatloaf and it was the best I've ever had (and I've ordered my share of meatloaf - the ultimate winter comfort food!). Looking forward to returning - looks like it would be a great summer brunch spot!