“Healthy and delicious!”

Live Organic Food Bar
Ranked #414 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Healthy and delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to Live Organic Food Bar for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I had the hot food special - veggie chilli and it was delicious! My group of friends and I enjoyed our food and beverages - the ambiance was delightful as well. The desserts were a bit over priced though so we went elsewhere for dessert.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ik0
tarathomson, I wear many hats at Live Organic Food Bar, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hi there -- We are very glad you enjoyed your meal and hope you come back to visit us again soon. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Regarding the desserts...all our desserts are made by hand, layer by layer....all ingredients are organic, gluten free and refined sugar free....organic raw nuts, which makes up for the majority of content in most of the desserts has skyrocketed in price over the past few years and we only use the best quality. This is why they seem pricey however they truly are the rockstars of raw foods so I hope that you will try them one day and taste for yourself....i promise you will never look back ; ) Thanks again for the lovely review. Cheers!

“a lively place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went there for lunch with three friends yesterday to have something to eat and talk about environmental politics--what could be a better setting than a restaurant inspired by principles of local, organic and sustainable food? The decor is very causual, diner-style; no sense of entering a politically correct but uncomfortable terrain. The service is helpful and prompt. Lots of privacy at tables for meaningful conversation. The menu choices are xtremely interesting and mostly super-nutritious -- all sorts of wild and undomesticated plants (weeds, to the uninitiated) such as burdock root in a sandwich or dandelion in a juice. Everyone at my table enjoyed the meal but few raves. The juices are excellent, though the downside is the loud whirr of a juicer that gets to be a bit off-putting. Definitely worth supporting for the good work it does and for the interesting taste experience you'll have.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto
“Favourite Veggie Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Love this place! The food is great and they have a nice backyard patio. I always go for the sampler menu so you can try a bunch of things on the menu.

Los Angeles
“HEALTHY EATING OUT GUIDE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been going to LIVEOrganic Food Bar for a few years now. I always have the very best vegan food choices there, whether it's raw or not. A great selection of freshly made juices, wonderful seasonal teas, yummy dessert selections that we always share after our meal. My recent fave meal is the Tempeh cakes with veggies. I also love their black bean burrito and in the hot summer weather, the raw pizza is a treat. If you are looking for a great vegan meal in an always welcoming environment, go to LIVE on Dupont Street. In summer they have their back patio open and it's great to sit out there. Convenient to public transportation-subway line and buses.

• Visited October 2012
“Love in food form”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Most recent visit was for my 30th birthday in August. My dad, who is a meat-and-potatoes guy, listened to the advice of the server and was thrilled with his meal (he ordered a burrito and had his tea with rice milk), so there's something for everyone. Cooked and raw items are equally as good and I always have a hard time choosing something to order. The desserts are unbelievable. I usually order more than one to "share" with friends.

Visited August 2012