“BRUNCH - great selection & outdoor seating”
Review of The Hot House

The Hot House
Ranked #41 of 8,765 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Front and Church
Description: The Hot House Restaurant & Bar is one of the busiest restaurants in Toronto and the reason is clear... Great food. The Hot House offers spacious, colourfully decorated rooms and an upbeat atmosphere in addition to an eclectic menu to suit all tastes. From thin-crust gourmet pizzas to steaks, rack of lamb, Cajun shrimp, numerous pasta dishes, seasonal salads, and decadent desserts, this menu has it all, including an extensive vegetarian selection. The Hot House Restaurant & Bar also has an extensive selection of wines from around the world, as well as an impressive cocktail menu and a selection of offerings from Canadian microbreweries. The sun-drenched 150 seat patio at the Hot House is an excellent setting to sample some fine Italian wines, Canadian craft beers, or the one of the best mojitos and margaritas in the city. In addition to the patio and the eclectic menu, the Hot House also offers group menus and private areas ideal for birthdays, showers, office parties, meetings, or any other function.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The selection of food was great. The food was also seasoned just right, not too much and not too little. Sitting outside was lovely and people watching. Nice Breeze & shade from umbrellas. Servers were okay

Cons - I did not like how FAR the Brunch buffet was from outside seating, it kind of deters you from visiting the buffet more than once, which is probably a good thing for my 6pac! the Buffet was all the way in the back, past the dining section, around the corner, by the bathrooms, across from the kitchen.

2  Thank VCanaday

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My cousin, 3 friends, and I went to Toronto to vacation and relax. We were riding through the streets looking for places that appealed to us for Sunday brunch. I'm so glad we decided to stop here. The food was awesome and so was the seating. We also ran into a very cool server, Dennis. We all enjoyed every bit of it and look forward to our next Sunday brunch in Toronto! We'll be back soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My partner and I ate here twice during Toronto's heat wave to have a beer, a light lunch, and people-watch while sitting outside under the shade of an umbrella. Perfect! The service was fine, the food was good, and the prices were reasonable (especially during their afternoon "happy hour.")

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The location, the bustling crowd, and the stylish decor tempted me into the establishment. The music was good, the air conditioning was fine (it was a super hot day), but I was hungry. I wasn't there for a drink and people watching - I was there for a good meal. This is where I went wrong.

First the service: I was late - about 9 pm on a Wednesday, so the crowds had dwindled. I sat down, and after waiting 5 minutes, eventually asked for a menu. Fifteen minutes later, I eventually stopped a different waitor and asked if she would take my order as I was starved. I asked her to bring me some water too, as the first waitor had not. Fifteen minutes later, moments before I stood up to leave, the water and the meal arrived.

Maybe I arrived as someone was leaving their shift? Dunno. So the service is really bad. But how was the food? Almost as bad. The pasta dish I ordered was salty and very spicy, a bit too much. But the thing I hate, the thing I just can't accept for a 17$ plate of pasta, is that it was so badly overcooked that the penne had broken up into fragments. It was like eating paste, it had no texture at all.

I didn't finish it, and left there still hungry. I only wish I had followed my instinct and left before it arrived. They certainly deserved no better.

1  Thank Jtremroy
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The buffet was great and the service impeccable. We highly recommend for a delightful Sunday Brunch.