“Great Birthday dinner.....best place in Toronto!!”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Another fabulous meal at George! Chef Lorenzo Loseto truly is amazing. I had the 7 course tasting menu paired with wine. Our sommelier Mark was very knowledgable and described the wines with such vivid descriptions and he paired them perfectly with the fish, meat, crab, cheese and desert. Tracey was our very attentive waitress and kept us updated throughout the night regarding next dishes. The runners who brought the meals were ALL very knowledgable and described each ingredient that was presented to us. The plates looked like art work and were FABULOUS! Best restaurant in Toronto by far. I'm a regular and will keep coming back.

There are newer reviews for GEORGE Restaurant

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This restaurant specialises in taster menus where you cant choose what you get. There is a menu and the food was ok, but an hour between each course! And one of my party had a stone in his food - the waiter took it away and we got offered free deserts, but would have been nice for someone senior to come and apologise - were they even told?

Reviewed May 4, 2014

From start to finish to finish, we were given one of the best service ever. Started with a good recommendation of wine, then starters and entre's. Their main salad was very different from all other salads we've ever had before. The portions are small but extremely flavourful, each bite explodes new tastes in your mouth. Try the seared tuna as a starter, you'll see what I'm talking about. The wild boar, is truly amazing, I recommend that as your main choice.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at the George while staying at the Ivy. Both the meat and vegetarian options were delicious and the presentation was beautiful and fun. The staff was lovely, too.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Just had dinner at George Restaurant on Queen St. East for the first time, to celebrate my husband's birthday. I chose it for this occasion because a) I remember a foody friend once recommending it; and b) George is also my husband's name. Happily, it was a serendipitous choice, as we now both agree it is our new favourite special-occasion restaurant in Toronto!

George did everything right to create a really memorable evening:

Ambience - very appealing decor, both welcoming and slightly exotic (reminded me a bit of Vijs in Vancouver);

Service - everyone from the hostess who greeted us, to the sommelier--so helpful and interesting to chat with--to our waiter, as well as the bussing staff, were an absolute pleasure to interact with;

Food - I would honestly say you could order anything and just give yourself over the the experience, it's that sublime! This is food taken to another level altogether, where it's no longer just about eating a good meal, but rather becomes almost a sensual adventure. (We chose the three-course a la carte menu + dessert, rather than the tasting menu, and it was just the right amount of food.)

Drink - Lots of wines, as well as signature/artisanal cockails, to choose from. Our sommelier was very accommodating in helping us choose our wine, from both a taste and pricing point of view.

Highly, highly recommended!!