“A Pleasant Unique Find”
Review of George Restaurant

George Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
George Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 8,469 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
TORONTO
“A Pleasant Unique Find”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

From start to finish to finish, we were given one of the best service ever. Started with a good recommendation of wine, then starters and entre's. Their main salad was very different from all other salads we've ever had before. The portions are small but extremely flavourful, each bite explodes new tastes in your mouth. Try the seared tuna as a starter, you'll see what I'm talking about. The wild boar, is truly amazing, I recommend that as your main choice.

• Visited May 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“Lovely”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at the George while staying at the Ivy. Both the meat and vegetarian options were delicious and the presentation was beautiful and fun. The staff was lovely, too.

Toronto, Canada
“Sublime - highly recommended!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Just had dinner at George Restaurant on Queen St. East for the first time, to celebrate my husband's birthday. I chose it for this occasion because a) I remember a foody friend once recommending it; and b) George is also my husband's name. Happily, it was a serendipitous choice, as we now both agree it is our new favourite special-occasion restaurant in Toronto!

George did everything right to create a really memorable evening:

Ambience - very appealing decor, both welcoming and slightly exotic (reminded me a bit of Vijs in Vancouver);

Service - everyone from the hostess who greeted us, to the sommelier--so helpful and interesting to chat with--to our waiter, as well as the bussing staff, were an absolute pleasure to interact with;

Food - I would honestly say you could order anything and just give yourself over the the experience, it's that sublime! This is food taken to another level altogether, where it's no longer just about eating a good meal, but rather becomes almost a sensual adventure. (We chose the three-course a la carte menu + dessert, rather than the tasting menu, and it was just the right amount of food.)

Drink - Lots of wines, as well as signature/artisanal cockails, to choose from. Our sommelier was very accommodating in helping us choose our wine, from both a taste and pricing point of view.

Highly, highly recommended!!

Sao Paulo, SP
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very good restaurant!! The service was excellent!! The wine menu had a lot of options and you can try before to drink. The dishes was small, but the taste was fantastic.

oshawa
“A Must of Lovers of Great Dining Experiences”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have had a lot of amazing meals and dining experiences around the world and George ranks right near the top of the list. My wife and I had the 7 course tasting menu (which really is 8) with wine pairings. It started with Champagne even before we had decided on the tasting menu, and then the experience began. When you order the 7 course and your partner likes to share you actually get 14 different plates, and 14 different wines. Everything was exceptional from the seafood courses to the meat, cheese and dessert (although by the time dessert came around I had reached my intake limit. I can not say enough good things about the serving staff and especially the Sommelier, he gave fantastic descriptions of each vintage and we managed to learn a few things as the evening went on. This is truly for the ones that love fine food and wine.