“Lovely”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at the George while staying at the Ivy. Both the meat and vegetarian options were delicious and the presentation was beautiful and fun. The staff was lovely, too.

There are newer reviews for GEORGE Restaurant

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Just had dinner at George Restaurant on Queen St. East for the first time, to celebrate my husband's birthday. I chose it for this occasion because a) I remember a foody friend once recommending it; and b) George is also my husband's name. Happily, it was a serendipitous choice, as we now both agree it is our new favourite special-occasion restaurant in Toronto!

George did everything right to create a really memorable evening:

Ambience - very appealing decor, both welcoming and slightly exotic (reminded me a bit of Vijs in Vancouver);

Service - everyone from the hostess who greeted us, to the sommelier--so helpful and interesting to chat with--to our waiter, as well as the bussing staff, were an absolute pleasure to interact with;

Food - I would honestly say you could order anything and just give yourself over the the experience, it's that sublime! This is food taken to another level altogether, where it's no longer just about eating a good meal, but rather becomes almost a sensual adventure. (We chose the three-course a la carte menu + dessert, rather than the tasting menu, and it was just the right amount of food.)

Drink - Lots of wines, as well as signature/artisanal cockails, to choose from. Our sommelier was very accommodating in helping us choose our wine, from both a taste and pricing point of view.

Highly, highly recommended!!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very good restaurant!! The service was excellent!! The wine menu had a lot of options and you can try before to drink. The dishes was small, but the taste was fantastic.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have had a lot of amazing meals and dining experiences around the world and George ranks right near the top of the list. My wife and I had the 7 course tasting menu (which really is 8) with wine pairings. It started with Champagne even before we had decided on the tasting menu, and then the experience began. When you order the 7 course and your partner likes to share you actually get 14 different plates, and 14 different wines. Everything was exceptional from the seafood courses to the meat, cheese and dessert (although by the time dessert came around I had reached my intake limit. I can not say enough good things about the serving staff and especially the Sommelier, he gave fantastic descriptions of each vintage and we managed to learn a few things as the evening went on. This is truly for the ones that love fine food and wine.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I dined here upon the recommendation of friends. The restaurant is a winner all around. The decor is lovely and elegant and the chairs are very comfortable. The latter is important because the restaurant believes in drawing out the dining experience. There are two rooms and we ate in the back room which was quieter. I did not order the tasting menu and I have heard it is excellent. I chose the a la carte menu which is divided up into firsts, seconds, thirds. I loved the poached shrimp as my first as they were very juicy and I tried my husbands lobster bisque which was packed with flavour. The polenta as a second course was creamy and delicious. The black cod as the third course was not as flavourful as the others but the fish was moist and well prepared. The restaurant offers a vegetarian choice but most of these were a bit lacklustre so I opted with the main menu. Altogether, ordering three courses ensures a well rounded dining experience as well as a higher price point but when the food is well prepared, the price is worth it.