“Flavourful Menu and Beautiful Surroundings”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 9,296 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I dined here upon the recommendation of friends. The restaurant is a winner all around. The decor is lovely and elegant and the chairs are very comfortable. The latter is important because the restaurant believes in drawing out the dining experience. There are two rooms and we ate in the back room which was quieter. I did not order the tasting menu and I have heard it is excellent. I chose the a la carte menu which is divided up into firsts, seconds, thirds. I loved the poached shrimp as my first as they were very juicy and I tried my husbands lobster bisque which was packed with flavour. The polenta as a second course was creamy and delicious. The black cod as the third course was not as flavourful as the others but the fish was moist and well prepared. The restaurant offers a vegetarian choice but most of these were a bit lacklustre so I opted with the main menu. Altogether, ordering three courses ensures a well rounded dining experience as well as a higher price point but when the food is well prepared, the price is worth it.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Had a superb dinner last night, tried the 7 course with pairings and everything was divine. I think my next time back I would go for the five course, only because we were so full with the 7. The pairings were fantastic with the exception of port which is strictly a personal preference for me. My daughter did the vegetarian 7course because she's so picky and was afraid she wouldn't like some of the courses. All the vegetarian plates were scrumptious and creative, she also tried many of our courses and also enjoyed them. They seemed very receptive to any dietary issues, so I wouldn't hesitate to dine here with restrictions. Service was great, just note that the 7 course takes well over three hours, so make a night of dining here as opposed to a quick stop before a show or something. Enjoyed thoroughly and plan to return!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

The service is great starting with the coat check and personally tailored four-course meal.

They took the consideration that my family loves food with strong taste, and add spice to each course except for the desert.

I love it and will consider to go back with my husband!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We dined at George Restaurant for the first time last Friday. We enjoyed his awards dinner. Wow every course was soooo amazing. At the end of the evening the chef came out for a quick visit. He then apologized for making it 9 courses instead of 5 as advertised. Who could complain. Three hours of absolute deliciousness!! Presentation and food quality is beyond compare. We definitely be back!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

One of the best restaurants in Toronto hands down. I agree with some of the previous comments saying the experience is amazing. Service is impeccable. I do not consume red meat/chicken but eat fish/seafood and had the 5 courses meal. The food presentation was incredible and the flavors, even better. I was with friends from NYC that eat in great Soho/Tribeca restaurants on a regular base and they were all very astonished by the quality of food/wine at George.