“fantastic food. layoff the vodka sodas”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,641 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
New York, NY
“fantastic food. layoff the vodka sodas”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

fantastic food. we had the 5 course meal. they were very good accommodating allergies. other reviewers have commented a fair bit on quality. i would only add - try to stay off the vodka soda's. I don't think i actually tasted any vodka in the few I ordered - had to resort to doubles. And no i am not a heavy drinker.

• Visited December 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“A brilliant New Year's Eve Fine Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have found that NYE is one of the most difficult night's of the year to get good food and good service.. but George certainly got it right! Was everything perfect, no.. but as close to it as you can get when you are packed to the rafters for multiple seatings and still seating people at 11pm! This was our first experience at George and we can't believe we left it so long.. is this perhaps the best Toronto restaurant that nobody has heard of? The Celeriac Veloute with butter poached lobster was utterly devine and the smoked trout perfect! Our serve was amazing and seemed to be on hand every time we thought of needing something! the wine pairings were also great finding some real gems in Ontario (and further afield) wines that we as Brits in Canada had not previously been aware of. overall a top notch restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
Ontario, Canada
“The best dining experience I've had in the city!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The service was stellar! From the moment we entered the staff were beyond polite and helpful. They had manners without being stuffy. I eat all over the city and had wanted to eat at George for a couple of years. When looking at the FoodPlus list of restaurants serving local meat, I came across George so the timing was perfect. I can't believe I waited that long! The food, oh, the food, it was stunningly good. I'm serious when I say it made me smile, maybe even grin like a child with candy. I looked at my friend and said this food is making me deliriously happy only discover the same grin on her face. I don't remember the last time food made me so happy. The options are really easy as well, you can have the tasting menu which is chef's choice or the set menu both are fabulous. The level of care and detail put into each dish is unmistakable.

• Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful restaurant and beautiful food!!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We went with a large group and all the meals were so unique and delicious. We had excellent service. Will definitely go back!!!

Visited November 2013
“One word - Spectacular!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We celebrated my birthday at George with an amazing tasting menu. Service and food was exceptional. I'm married to a foodie and when he says this is the best meal he's had in Toronto in years, that is saying something.

Loved that with the tasting menu we were each presented with different plates. This meant we could sample more. Everything was uniquely created and beautifully presented. Delicious and 5 star all around. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited November 2013