“Very good food - don't come for the decore”
Review of Armenian Kitchen

Armenian Kitchen
Ranked #1,493 of 8,898 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Armenian, Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The last review complained about the menus and the plastic chairs. Well that's all true but don't come here for the candlelit dinner...go to Armenian Kitchen for the great food. I've been going there semi regularly for the last 2 decades and the food has been consistently good. In fact I now live in the burbs but if I'm in the area I'll try to stop in for a chicken shawarma dinner and some hummus. My wife loves the grilled tomatoes as well. If you want good food, this is the place. If you want fancy chairs, go somewhere else.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Imagine this: 20-year old plastic chairs, laminated menus that fall apart when you lift them up, hopelessly overcooked meat, cheapest available fries, two main courses served twenty minutes apart, warm bottled beer...then you wake up and it is all true. While this may have once been a decent restaurant in a strip mall with lots of scary looking guys hanging around the entrance door, it is now entirely misleading to call it an Armenian Kitchen. For ten years, so the waiter told us, it is owned and run by a Lebanese family. Result, third-class Lebanese cuisine, sorry it shouldn't be called "cuisine". Every fast-food Lebanese joint is better. A major disappointment! I wouldn't recommend to even go close to that place....

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My family went to the Armenian Kitchen in February. Two of us had the Chicken Shawarma and two had teh Falafel Sandwich. We also ordered the spicy fries and the Baba Ganoush. All the food was excellent. Also, it was very busy and the service was very good. We go to the Armenian Kitchen about once a month. It is our favourite middle eastern restaurant in Toronto. The food is excellent and the price is very reasonable.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Amazing classy service at this well-known spot for Tabbouleh, Baba Ganoush and Shish Kabob elevated our usual visit last night to 5 Star. With the dubious ambiance of a strip mall location on Victoria Park, this restaurant never disappoints. Starting with a mixed appetizer plate for $12.00 is great for 4 guests. Skewers of tasty chicken or lamb anchor the main entrees that include salad and a choice of potato.
After 12 nights on a Crystal Cruise this month, our service here was on par! Please never change or move my Wonderful Armenian Kitchen because you can't improve!

Dinner for 4 with 1 beer and 1 wine and 2 soft drinks : around $60.00

1  Thank librarygirrrl
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had dinner at Armenian Kitchen on a Saturday night a few weeks back and while the experience, overall, was good, we were somewhat disappointed as we had very high expectations. The food was good but not excellent and the service was rushed as they wanted to clear us out and close for the evening (we went after 9 p.m.). For what we paid, I am not sure that I would be running back, but perhaps it was the time of the evening and what I ate (I had the fish) that coloured my opinion.