“Great beers, good food, good service”
Review of Granite Brewery

Granite Brewery
Ranked #441 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have frequented this spot many times over the past few years but I never thought to review it. The attached brewery, associated hardware and neighbourhood folks coming in to buy a growler all add to the ambiance. The curries go particularly well with a wide variety of tasty beers and I have enjoyed various fish dishes. Never had a poorly prepared meal here. Ringwood ale and ringberry are two I particularly enjoy. There is a good selection of appetizers, food is plentiful and the service is usually quite good. On our last attempted visit, a private party resulted in what was obviously going to be a slow night with a lengthy wait for a table.....not a huge problem in this part of time because there are many options within a few minutes walk.
The desserts are quite good for sharing, probably a bit on the rich side for one person.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife, my friends and I often go to this splendid spot.
Firstly, for those visiting Toronto, it is not downtown. It is on Mout Pleasant road, just south of Eglinton Avenue East. Take the subway to Eglinton, then either a bus or walk east for 10 minutes to Mount Pleasant Road.
As the name states, this is a brewery. Ron Keefe, the proprietor/brewer is very approachable if there, as are his staff. There is a varied regular menu together with a sizeable list of weekly specials, lunch and supper.
Food is good, prompt and served with a smile. It's very good value, too, especially if you combine certain specials with a pint of their beer.
For the beer fan, suffice to say that The Granite Brewery has one countless awards, local and national. Ron brews a wide range of ales, mostly of English styles, with some West Coast varieties, too.
The place is ususually abuzz evenings and weekends. Sundays, there is also a buffet brunch in the back room - standard fare here, nothing to write home about, but the price is right.
Weather permitting there is patio service out front ( sunny, great area to people watch) and way in the back, in shade.
Clientel: acroos the spectrum, all ages.
I always enjoy a pint and/or a meal here. I must do, I keep coming back often!

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We went on a busy Saturday night so we'll give them a break on the slow service but the food fell short of our expectations.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hubby and I are ethno tourists, so discovering new eateries is a joy. We were walking distance from our hotel to this establishment.

Steak = A++++ done perfectly.

Their varieties of their micro-brewery beer were many and we tried four.

Service was just fantastic. So good that we went back again!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I got the tuscan chicken sandwich for lunch last week and really didn't like it. The chicken was really dry and the edges were burnt, you could hard taste the pesto, and the eggplant was so covered in cheese you couldn't even make it out. The fries were decent. I ended up just taking the bun off the chicken and cutting it up and trying to eat it like that, but for the calories, it really isn't worth it.

Our waitress was a bit sassy, too, which wasn't great to deal with.