“Below average food”

Neighborhood: Scarborough
Toronto, Canada
“Below average food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Tried their Weekend Lunch Buffet.

Good variety of food. But it was not even near to authentic South- Indian vegetarian dishes. Food was oily, vegetable not cooked properly, and would give -1 for taste. There was no taste of spices or masalas in the food.

They have tried to make it appear authentic by adding some colour.

Overall - Has quantity,lacks quality!!!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank travelmadCA

Toronto, Canada
“Good authentic South Indian Food Flavour that tickles your taste buds”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I had a delightful culinary experience the other day. We went to a dedicated South Indian Restaurant (SARAVANAA BHAVAN IN SCARBOROUGH). The food and service was exceptional and this prompted me to write this review. Generally, South Indian dishes rate as most aromatic and this experience was no exception. The variety of dishes at this restaurant were based on fresh masala and herb mixtures. These masalas not only give flavour, but also have natural medicinal values. Torontonians are in a for a rare treat at this place that has the ambiance of a family restaurant. We rate this restaurant 5-Stars and have decided to visit the place once every two weeks!

Upali Obeyesekere - Toronto

• Visited April 2013
canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Vegi Foods”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

i have been Scarborough / Mississauga Saravanabhavan several times, and there foods always excellent and so tasty with lots of vegi items which you can have any of your vegitarian choice. if someone wants to try something vegi foods, this is the very right place, you will be having 100% satisfaction on your meal.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank chathu n
guelph
“terrible south indian food”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

went to this restaurant after a year or so . the food was so bad, that i could-not even eat it at all.we have gone to this restaurant several times before probably the management has changed , and so has the cheff. the cheese dosa had a slice of kraft cheese definitely not cottage cheese as written in the menu, probably will never go back

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Beware of after effect!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The only reason I feel compelled to write this review (and it is the very first time I have ever bothered to write any review whatsoever) is because it is the middle of the night and I am up with uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, while my daughter is crying, as a second round of vomit is soon approaching. Yes, we have tried this restaurant for the very first time. Definitely the last one for us. All four of us left the place feeling a bit noxious. We went for a long nature hike hoping the fresh spring air will help us digest.
We tried lunch buffet. Service was nice, I can't complain. Place didn't seem the cleanest, tables sticky. I can generally overlook that if the food is tasty. Food was so so, as my daughter remarked, seemed way spicier then the food we had in India. So we ordered some lassis to soothe our burning mouths. The price point seemed way too high for what the limited buffet had to offer, as far as the number of items and the very inferior quality of food.
Frankly, I feel the city might have to check what kind of standards are followed in that kitchen.

• Visited March 2013