“Natural taste and excellent service”

Kamasutra Indian Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Kamasutra Indian Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #458 of 8,469 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East York
Cross street: Bayview & Eglinton
Transit: Closest subway station is the Davisville subway station on the Yonge subway line. Take bus #11 from the Davisville subway station to the Bayview & Millwood bus stop. Our restaurant is located directly across the street.
Description: It's some 1700 years since the worldly sage, Mallanga Vatsyayana wrote his epic Indian tale of love... The Kama Sutra. Written in ancient Sanskrit, (for the eyes of the ruling elite only), it's a doctrine dedicated to the celebration of love. Having studied it from every angle (purely for culinary inspiration!), We realize the words are, in fact, a metaphor for "the love of food". Our culinary team has stayed true to the actual origin of each dish. No stone is left unturned in our quest to provide our guests with a remarkable dining experience.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Natural taste and excellent service”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went to this restaurant because there was a Groupon offer. There were some negative reviews but we decide to give it a try. We arrived at about 6.15 p.m. on a Sunday. The restaurant was not busy I guess most people stay home watching the world cup. We order curry chicken and Tandoor lamb. The food was good and I notice all spices are made from fresh ingredients rather than from factory made sauces. There is also no taste of MSG which a big plus
for me. The service was also excellent. I recommend this restaurant for healthy eaters.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Raymond C

“Amazing Customer service”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I loved this restaurant. It's very family friendly too. We bought a coupon for food on Groupon for $50 worth of food. We ended up paying $30.00 extra because we ordered more naan, 2 beers and 18% tip. It was definitely worth it. The host was amazing. He brought a high chair for our little one and Interacted with him throughout our dinner. The waitress was so nice also. The food was a little canadianized but that didn't take away from the experience! What an amazing place. Will definitely go back. But with another coupon because they're kind of pricey.

• Visited May 2014
East York
“Delicious Veggie Pakoras, tasty food all around”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We live close by and whenever we want Indian food we order from Kamasutra. I've had friends and family eat with us on different occasions and everyone enjoys the food. I'd love it is there were more pieces of chicken in the TIka and Butter Chicken but outside of that my favorite is Lamb Biryani and the veggie pakoras - so tasty.

Newmarket, Ontario
“One of my favourite Indian restaurants”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

A group of us went for dinner after a rave review from a friend of ours. This was absolutely some of the best Indian food I have had in Toronto, ever. The chicken tikka masala was served in a generous portion, and the garlic naan was so tasty you could eat it on its own. The kheer was not quite as good as my mom's, it should have been served warm (it was kind of cold, as if it had been refrigerated).
I've attended a few times since I first went to this restaurant. I have had the older woman serve us as well and I didn't like her attitude either.

2 Thank ChrissyCee1975
Toronto, Canada
“white linen service for Indian food in Toronto”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We came here for a quiet celebration hoping for the feel of calm and white linen, and were happily surprised by the great individualized cooking and warm and welcoming service. There are a few dishes from each area of India here, which means there's great variety. We ate specialties from Goa, which were very tasty, though when they put two spices beside the item on the menu, it means hot, not just a bit hot. Servings come in lovely dishes, brought by servers who are very polite but ready to be quite talkative and friendly and offer honest advice on what they think you will enjoy most.

1 Thank wayne300944