“Good food, exceptional staff”
Review of Kit Kat

Kit Kat
Ranked #28 of 8,519 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Dallas, Texas
“Good food, exceptional staff”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'm not a big fan of mussels. My husband is. But when I saw his response to his first bite, I just had to try one...and then another and another. The Best ever! And my grilled calamari was unlike any I've ever been served. Grilled to perfection with a luscious aioli sauce.
The entrees were also excellent. My biggest regret was that we were leaving Toronto in the morning and my meal which was too large for me to eat, couldn't be packed for the plane ride home.
Our waitress introduced us to the owners and everyone was simply delightful. Gracious and welcoming, we felt like favorite family members. You better believe our next visit to Toronto will include visits to Kit Kat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank aStarduster

Kelowna, Canada
“Deeeelish pasta!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lunch review-
Seeing the restaurant from the outside, you almost miss it. Its a slim building sandwiched between some other eclectic restaurants.
Upon entering we were given a home style greeting and sat in the back in what can only be described as a 'greenhouse addition'
We told the waiter we were in a rush, and he brought our wine, bread, waters and even our main course extremely fast!
That is when we slowed down.... the pasta was delicious! Very fresh, perfectly al dente, and the sauce was the perfect mix of cream and oil. We all had the Alberto (like Alfredo) with chicken added. Splendid, warm, comfort food.
Who seemed to be the owner was sitting near us eating his own food, and gave us an Italian thanks and greetings upon our departure.
Friendly staff, great food!

• Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Very Nice”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A cold night in TO was warmed up with a great experience at the Kit Kat. Headed over after a gruelling meeting on a Monday evening. Visions of being seated in the back of the restaurant where it's cosy were quickly dashed when the only table left that would seat everyone was right in front of the door. Oh well, when the food started coming the chill dissipated!

Started with bruschetta that was lovely - crunchy, garlicy foccacia-like bread with fresh toppings, very well done. We all had pasta and everyone raved - mine was particularly good, the spaghetti pescatore - and the star was the delicious tomato sauce. Yum!

Our server was just the right level of attentive, knowledgeable and fun. Well done

• Visited March 2013
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“Nice meal, sweet little place.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I'll get my gripe out of the way right up front.... pre-grated Parmesan? Are you kidding me? The food was great (superb veg antipasto - simple, wonderful, delicious). perfectly cooked pasta, awesome bolognese, delicious osso bucco... WHY on EARTH would you serve that with cheap powdered Parm?
Watching the chef prepare the meal was very enjoyable and knowing that the kitchen was busting butt putting out great food made it taste that much better.
Prices are pretty much on target with the exception of the sparkling water - ask before you order.
Wait staff were attentive but not pushy.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was at this place with a group of friends for dinner before a show and we had a blast. Our server was quited entertaining and very helpful. Our food was exactly what we expected and loved every bite.