“Good pre-show dinner”

Ranked #28 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The restaurant has a narrow passage past the open kitchen;from our table we enjoyed watching the chefs perform their magic.
Excellent theater package entree selections, we enjoyed our evening at the Kit Kat. Sunday evening in late October and the place was near full. Great location near the Princess of Wales Theater.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had to wait for a table, so sat at the bar and had the obligatory (for my niece) Margarita. Which was OK but not the best ever.
However, the food was stunning - very fresh, very well cooked, and nicely presented.
The tables are pretty close together, so I'm not sure if it would be a good place for a romantic dinner a deux. But if you want some atmosphere, great food and be close to the theatres - this could be the place.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Recently met a friend for dinner while in town for a conference. We quickly checked restaurants near our hotel and kitkat popped up. Walked in without a reservation and they worked hard to squeeze us in...literally and figuratively. It is a small lively restaurant and the tables are very close...but that doesn't matter it seems to add to the charm. The service was lovely and the food good would highly recommend for a fun night out.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

After a long drive into Toronto with my husband for our honeymoon trip, we felt like going directly to bed; however we decided to make the most out of our first night in the city and venture out for a bite to eat. The hotel desk recommended this particular street of restaurants right away, but spoke of the KitKat specifically, citing their own several positive expierences there. We are pleased that we for once took the hotels advice!
It was dark, cozy, and romantic, yet completely casual. The house wine was delicious (I had the Shiraz). My husband had the Prime Rib, which had so much flavor and interest to it. I chose a pasta special for that day (I can't remember for the life of me, it's name[beef tenderloin, mushroom,broccoli,mustard cream sauce]) it was creative and wonderful. A perfect blend of familiar favors with something extra.
Another great thing is they were open late; we were there at 10:30 on a Monday night. I believe the staff said the kitchen was closing at 11:30 that night. If you are pushing to make it, call ahead to double check; I was under the impression that they didn't have a hard list of closing hours.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Kit Kat was a unique dining experience at a Italian restaurant full of character. A very small location in which you walk through the kitchen if seated in the back half with a large tree growing up through the kitchen and the glass ceiling on the back half of the bilding. Staff and owner were extremely friendly and helpful with recommendations. Restaurant is located on restaurant row within 10 minutes of CN tower, Second City and Prince of Wales Theater. We were able to attend all three the same day and simply walk between them and the restaurant.

Definitely make reservations to ensure you get seated.