“Cozy Traditional Persian Restaurant”
Review of Takhte Tavoos

Takhte Tavoos
Ranked #509 of 10,303 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Persian
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We spent a weekend in Toronto a few months ago and had brunch at Takhte Tavoos. If you are looking for common dishes found in most Persian restaurants (kabobs, khoreshes, etc.), this is NOT the right place. They serve other traditional/local foods of Iran like Dizi (Abgoosht), Kalleh Pacheh, etc. We tried Dizi, Sosis Bandari (Southern Iranian spicy omelet with hot dogs), and Barbari bread with sarsheer (cream) and honey. It was all good and tasty. The service was good and the staff was nice and friendly.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

A fantastic Persian brunch. The food was beautiful and the staff were polite and accommodating. Really cute little place - would highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

nice staff great food not very cheap though...
also it was a bit weird to be chased my a staff to remind for more tips.
we went there on a weekend and we waited for maybe 15 minutes or so to get a table although I called before stopping by and they had a message on their phone that they won't accept reservations what so ever.
honestly, I went there after checking the TripAdvisor comments and everything. The food was great and all but in ky mind was a bit expensive. I don't know the menu on TripAdvisor was there since when and didn't got updated thats why I got a bit shocked to see difference between the prices well I will put the new menu for people who want to visit.
But it was a wonderful meal.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018

Brunch is my favorite meal and this is my favorite place for brunch. The food here is fantastic. The spinach narguesi is to die for, though I often have a hard time deciding what to order because there is not a bad thing on this menu. I’ve never had a bad meal here and this is the only place where I will willingly wait on line to get a table. Get here before it opens in order to guarantee yourself a table!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Loved this place. I’m always up for new food and this was my first time trying Iranian food. It was so delicious that I went back the next day. The first time I had the special lamb soup with the flat bread. Wow! Such great flavours. The second time, I opted for a more traditional breakfast with eggs. I forget the name but it was excellent! I would thoroughly recommend if you are in the area and fancy something a bit different from your typical brunch!

Date of visit: May 2018