“A Delicious Brunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East End
Cross street: Logan Ave
Description: "The Heart of the Neighbourhood"Joy Bistro is serving fresh, innovative comfort food with global influences.Our brunch a famous for the gluten free rosti potato that the eggs benedict are served on. Our house smoked half chicken is a favourite amongst regulars, and don't miss out on the delicious bistro frites.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband, daughter and I decided to try out the Summerlicious Prix Fixe lunch promotion at Joy Bistro and were very pleasantly surprised. Not only was the food delicious but the service was terrific and the meals were an excellent value. Sitting on the patio was a delight as it's a vibrant neighbourhood and there's a park across the street. We will definitely go back for their regular menu.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good but nothing really stands out for me. Good service. Nice location and nice patio. I wouldn't refuse to join friends there. I just wouldn't anticipate the event like I would some other restaurants in town.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Despite the great number of other excellent options now on Queen east, Joy is an old familiar haunt of ours from the days where there really were no other good options in the area. The charming neighbourhood and friendly service remain the primary drawing points. Unfortunately the food is highly variable. At our last visit in the winter we had an excellent steak frites and very tasty fish course. This time however we were very disappointed. My steak frites were horrible and hardly steak frites, rather I received a small rectangular block of over cooked beef (looked more like a piece of roast beef) with soggy fries and the pork chop with chutney that came was a pretty bland, dry piece of meat sans chutney. Sadly also the prices have significantly increased.

Overall I'd say there are way better options to try in the neighbourhood for dinner. Joy still does a good brunch and has a nice patio but just set your expectations appropriately.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have had lunch here many times over the years, often with colleagues from our nearby workplace. Wife and I went for supper here the other night, for the first time in ages. Sat outside at one of their 2 flanking patios. Very good food and even better service. Nice selection of music at the right volume (i.e. not too loud). Did I say that the service here is excellent? See also their added value attraction upstairs: their finer dining option 'OverJoy'. I am done. The end.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been to Joy Bistro bar many times and always found it to be mediocre and a bit pricey for what it is. No air conditioning in the summer so don't bother on a hot day. There's a nice patio on the west side and an ugly one on the east side -- more like a parking lot with tables. Good place to chill and have a beer and snacks. But after all these years -- nearly 20 now -- I went once with a group of colleagues for a drink and a nosh, but the only tables available had very high stools and none of us wanted to teeter on them (all ranging in age from 50 to 65). I noticed a stairwell and went up to see if there was more appropriat seating up there. I was gobsmacked to find a fine dining restaurant. Table cloths, nice bar, great wait staff. Why don't they make this more obvious? The upstairs is called OverJoy but there's nothing to indicate that it's different from the downstairs part. All six of us went up and checked out the menu, which lookd amazing. We had a wonderful meal, great drinks -- if only I'd known years ago it would have been a neighbourhood favourite! Try it -- you'll love it!

1  Thank Psycholinguist