“A lovely dining experience”
Review of Joy Bistro Bar - CLOSED

Joy Bistro Bar
Cuisines: Canadian, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East End
Cross street: Logan Ave
Description: "The Heart of the Neighbourhood"Joy Bistro is serving fresh, innovative comfort food with global influences.Our brunch a famous for the gluten free rosti potato that the eggs benedict are served on. Our house smoked half chicken is a favourite amongst regulars, and don't miss out on the delicious bistro frites.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“A lovely dining experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my third time having dinner at Joy Bistro and they have lived up to previous visits. The service is consistently good, the servers are friendly, the food is very good and the atmosphere is quite relaxing. Its not noisy so its also possible to have a conversation with your dining partners.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kim R

Toronto, Canada
“This place is bigger than you think...”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great choice of restaurant for Leslieville. A little on the expensive side considering where it is but the food is good. Service was a little slow even though the restaurant wasn't full. Lack of staff would be my guess. Enjoyed it and will go back.

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“very consistent - always nice.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Nicer in the summer when you can enjoy the patio. The upstairs is used for private functions which I have been to a few there and they have all been well done. Nice room. The food is always good and on a personal note, it was on a warm September evening (early) that I met my future wife Keltie for our second date. We met there to have a drink only after not having seen each other for several weeks because of our schedules after our first date, and we ended up staying for dinner and 8 years later (and as they say) the rest is history. Always busy, always good food and service. Usually you can't go wrong there.

Visited January 2013
“Very good.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Don't go for the mussels. But everything else (especially the salmon which was phenomenal) was very tasty. Good selection of beer and wine by the glass.

“Give it another try”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We are regulars at Joy for weekend brunch - at least twice a month for the past few years. The brunch has been consistently good, but not spectacular. However, changes in the kitchen are definitely going on. The past few weeks have been absolutely amazing and there are many more choices for breakfast now. Last week, I had lemon ricotta pancakes with blueberries - fabulous. Today, I had the best waffles I've had in my life - served with a blueberry mouse, maple syrup and blueberries & strawberries.
This review is only on the weekend brunch as I've rarely been there for other meals.
If you'd tried the brunch in the past - give it another try

Visited October 2012