“Very enjoyable will go back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4,846 of 8,401 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Description: Chutneys Fine Indian Cuisine - To experience authentic Indian cuisine in Toronto made with fine Indian spices, visit Chutneys today. For food delivery or info Call (416) 231-1367. at Chutneys, you can enjoy those same Indian Chutneys with our spiced North Indian dishes in an intimate and elegant atmosphere. Enjoy delicious authentic Indian food at Chutneys, Toronto. Each dish on our Indian menu is made as per traditional recipe with the finest spices indian cuisine toronto, indian take out toronto, indian food delivery toronto, indian food toronto, indian restaurant toronto, indian menu toronto, toronto fine indian cuisine, toronto famous indian cuisine, authentic indian cuisine toronto, authentic indian food toronto, indian restaurant mississauga, indian restaurant etobicoke, indian food catering toronto, indian food catering etobicoke, indian catering etobicoke, indian cuisine mississauga, indian cuisine etobicoke, indian food mississauga, indian food etobicoke, best indian restaurant toronto,
“Very enjoyable will go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Trying Indian food was a new experience. We weren't sure what to expect. They gave us a choice of how spicy which was perfect. The food was full of flavor. Portion sizes are small, but that was good for us. Must try if your new to Indian Cuisine

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“ok indian food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

take out seems expensive for tiny portions
it is ok

Visited September 2011
Toronto, Canada
“I encourage you to visit Chutneys for high quality, delicious and healthy Indian cuisine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

Though skeptical at first, I've been a huge fan of Indian cuisine ever since my best friend encouraged me to give it a try several years ago. Recently, when I heard about Chutneys and its excellent reputation, not to mention the multiple awards it has received for offering superb and authentic Indian cuisine, I didn't hesitate to pop over during my lunch break.

I settled in and enjoyed the calming ambiance as the seasoned chefs whipped up a delectable chicken wrap, made fresh to order and unlike any other I've ever tasted! Perfectly rolled in freshly made pratha bread, also know as kathi roll, was a delightful mix of succulent chicken and fresh tomato, with a touch of lemon juice and butter, topped with a hint of Fenugaek, an Indian spice that tastes oh so nice. It was nothing short of sensational, down to the very last bite.

Overall, I highly recommend the chicken wrap and the express lunch experience. While flipping through the menu, I noticed that there is also an extensive vegetatian selection and I hear that their lamb is the best around! I encourage you to visit Chutneys for high quality, delicious and healthy Indian cuisine. :)

Visited March 2012
Toronto, Canada
“If you want good Indian food... you're in the wrong part of Toronto.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

We went to Amaya a few weeks ago with a great Groupon. Having enjoyed their excellent Indian food we were in the mood for more. Chutney's is nearby so we decided to give it a try. No Groupon this time, but they have their own great deal: order take-out between 4 and 5 and get a 35% discount! You can even specify a later pickup if that's too early for your dinner. So we hurried to get our order in by 5 and only read Tripadvisor after. Too bad.

When I arrived for pickup the food was ready as promised. But I'd be astonished otherwise as there were zero customers. A minor annoyance as the paper bag holding the food was inside a plastic bag, for which I was charged the 5 cent bag tax - plus tax. Also, the credit card slip had the tip area left open. Why would anyone tip on a pickup? Oh well. Let's eat.

The Raita Royale has extra stuff over the regular. Apparently this is accomplished by taking those extra things and freezing them into a ball and then adding it to the regular raita. Except they didn't mix it in. We had a container of spiced yogurt with a clump. Had to pour this into a bowl, break up the clump and mix it in. Even so the final result was pretty flavorless.

The extra buck for the garlic naan was also a waste. No taste of garlic or coriander anywhere, and the bread itself was obviously from a grocery store. And not very fresh. Didn't manage to eat more than half.

Lamb bhuna was pretty good, except that the first two pieces I had were pure fat. Most of the rest was decent meat. Could have used more heat. We requested medium hot but there was little evidence of any hot spices.

The Mutter Pulao was pretty much the highlight. Nothing wrong with this rice dish. But then, it's just a rice dish.

Etobicoke has a few of Toronto's best restaurants - at top prices. But apart from those, pickings are pretty slim. To see Chutney's rated at #51 out of a fairly mediocre list probably tells you everything you need to know. With the 35% discount I guess we were okay with what we got, but would have been feeling ripped off at full price. Even so, It's unlikely we'll order from Chutney's again.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best indian restaurant among all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

We love Chutneys food. We are going there for year. Chicken kamasutraia ia my favourate. Staff is friendly and professional . Service is fantastic. Food is so delicious and yumy.

1 Thank Petview