“Overpriced. Small portions” 2 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Overpriced. Small portions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Although the food was tasty the portions were very small. $13 for a small plate of veggies, You've got to be kidding me.
Wine list not impressive

• 3 of 5 bubbles

ubersteve
“Surprisingly brilliant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I dropped in here with a work colleague on the spur of the moment and was very impressed.

It is a small menu but perfectly prepared and not expensive. In fact, for the quality of food, presentation and service this place is amazing. I had the beef cheek stuffed peregrines and the were great. The wine list is ok, not amazing, but reasonable. Bottle of Cave Springs Pinot Noir, one appetizer, two entrees -$90.

As a comparison, I went to Jump the following night, spent 3x as much money, and enjoyed the whole thing a lot less.

I will be coming back here more often.

• Visited November 2011
“Hidden Gem in Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

Veritas keeps me coming back for more. The wine list is excellent, the food is fresh and delicious, and the service is fantastic. I will always bring friends, clients and dates here.

Toronto
“I love Veritas, I think it's Toronto's Best Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

I loved my experience at Veritas. The food was succulent, the service was superb, and the atmosphere was awesome. I will tell all my business associates and friends to dine there when they're in Toronto. The wine selection was amazing and the price was reasonable. I truly believe Veritas is Toronto's best kept restaurant secret. The next time I'm in Toronto for business or pleasure, I know exactly where I'll be heading for dinner. I truly loved the Veritas experience.

Toronto
“had a lovely lunch here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

had a lovely lunch here!