“LOTS OF GOOD FOOD”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We enjoyed the platter for two, which was more food than the two of us could eat. Very much enjoyed our meal.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Polonez

Reviewed April 18, 2013

In Toronto on business today so I thought I'd try something different for supper. I had a craving for schnitzel so I Googled, read the reviews and decided to go with what looked best, according to TripAdvisor - I was not disappointed.

My dinner companion and I had a selection off the vast, Eastern European inspired menu. Everything was fantastic. Not sure about the dessert menu though - we were full with dinner!

Price? Very reasonable. About the same as we spent on lunch, elsewhere earlier that day. Great serving staff and a nice, modern atmosphere. I'll go again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Polish friend recommended this restaurant years ago, and it is where we meet a couple of times a year. The borscht is amazing, as are the perogies. Try an authentic Polish beer. Somewhat basic in décor, but the food and the authentic atmosphere more than compensate.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Cafe Polonez features a large menu full of tasty and filling Polish and Eastern European cuisine for lunch and dinner as well as an all-day egg breakfast. Daily specials and combo platters provide even more selection. Service is attentive, prices reasonable, and the washrooms in the well-lit basement are clean. You have to be hungry to eat here and you have to enjoy real, old-fashioned food.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Cafe Polonez is an amazing experience to be enjoyed by anyone that enjoys Polish food! It's a social type of meal to be enjoyed with friends and or family. The pierogies are the lightest, most delicious pierogies I've ever had. They are so good that you barely want to have sour cream with them! That's good! The Cabbage Rolls are better than my grandmother's! They are perfectly seasoned with a nice sauce on top. The schnitzel was fabulous, perfectly breaded and not oily. So very tasty! The sauerkraut was solid, though I wish there was more. The green and yellow beans were a nice complimentary side. The shredded beet salad was tolerable, even for someone who is not a big fan of beets. I do wish that you received a bit more sour cream for such a large platter. I think that's my biggest complaint about Cafe Polonez, not enough sour cream! The combo platter for two I described up there is more than enough food. It is reasonably priced at $35 plus your taxes, so it is well worth the money paid, but at the same time not a bargain. The atmosphere is intimate and the servers are bilingual (English and Polish). It is really is a nice family or date spot. Located in the Roncesvalles village, Cafe Polonez is now among many awesome food choices and should be considered near the top of the list depending on what you are craving. If you want a nice home style European type of meal, then Cafe Polonez must be your choice.