“A celebratory event”
Review of Auberge du Pommier

Auberge du Pommier
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Pommier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 8,851 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Yonge St. & York Mills
Transit: York Mills Subway Station is located one block south of the restaurant on Yonge Street.
Description: The original jewel in the Oliver & Bonacini crown and a North Toronto icon, Auberge du Pommier has been serving guests since 1987. Constructed around the rustic vestiges of two 1860’s woodcutters’ cottages, Auberge du Pommier combines country charm with contemporary sophistication and style. Featuring wood burning fireplaces in winter and lush, floral terraces in summer, it is a welcoming, refined retreat from the city. A modern French fine dining restaurant, Auberge du Pommier exudes a quiet confidence, reflecting a commitment to culinary excellence and inspired service. The cuisine honours both the refined techniques and rustic styles of classic French fare, with an innovative North American accent. Simple yet elevated, seasonal menus focus on quality by using the finest ingredients, highlighting their natural flavours and textures and plating them elegantly. Through its appreciation of fine food and elegant presentation, its intelligent, sincere service and its French, country-inspired décor, Auberge du Pommier perfectly balances charm and sophistication, romance and refinement.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Auberge remains one of our favourite restaurants for a special occasion. The service was impeccable. Our waiter was very patient as our large group made its decisions while seeking advice about the exciting menu. A contingent of servers was then able to serve us all essentially at once. The appetizers and entrees were unique and very tasty, though portion sizes were modest. I felt that the wines were overpriced. The ambiance was also most impressive, with pleasant light and very comfortable seating. Definitely an excellent place for a special celebration.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Steak, fish,tartare,salads and service were definitely some of the best I've had.
No wonder if it one of the most famous and best restaurants in Toronto.
My 2 visits here were all a delight

While it is not the cheapest restaurant, they are definitely not trying to be and I would recommend for everyone to at least experience the science that was put behind each dish

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Set in a former cottage at the fringe of town, which is now "upper town", this is one of my favourate restaurants in Metro Toronto. The ambience is great, and continental/French cuisine excellent. There is even free parking !

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Auberge du Pommier for dinner several years ago. It was great and I had high expectations for this lunch. The restaurant is very pleasant, spacious and elegant. However, lunch was fine but not a standout.

Service was generally good and attentive. Frankly, I think the expensive bottle of wine ordered by the host had gone bad but it was not my place to say anything. Coffee took so long to come that we had to cancel it because we had run out of time.

It just wasn't what I expected.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I took my team here for supper. Amazing good and great service. My salmon was just sublime. The wine recommendation was also good. We were not rushed but service was prompt.