“Not worth the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Auberge Du Pommier

Auberge Du Pommier
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge Du Pommier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Yonge St. & York Mills
Transit: York Mills Subway Station is located one block south of the restaurant on Yonge Street.
Isle La Motte, Vermont
“Not worth the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Although always expensive, the food quality and portions were much better years ago. Now it is a disappointment and I recently heard that it's rating was downgraded to two stars. With an average nothing special wine you're looking at about $150 per person; really expensive for what you are not getting.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Real D

Oakville, Canada
“VERY Disappointing Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I ate recently at the Auberge and left feeling very disappointed. While the service level and the ambience were good we both felt the food was subpar for the price point.
The halibut was overcooked (i.e. dried out) and the beef, while very tender, almost tasteless.
In our opinion and experience, the wine pricing/markup was egregious. We also would much prefer to have a glass bottled mineral water to the processed Toronto tap water that is served here (you have no choice).
Toronto has many restaurants that provide good service, ambience along with super food such that the 'value proposition' is good value for money (though not inexpensive). Given the option, I would opt for North 44, Scaramouche, Bymark, Opus, Chiado, Frank's Kitchen et cetera.before returning to the Auberge du Pommier.

6 Thank Roger C
Toronto
“Disappointing..... When It Comes to Food, No Scaramouche!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The service was very good though the food was less than average for the price point. The food does not hold a candle to establishments like Scaramouche, North 44 et cetera. Our fish was overcooked and the beef really not tasty. While the portions are small this is good as one does not leave feeling uncomfortable. WTS, when we expressed concern about the fish it was quickly and graciously removed from our bill and the staff made a special effort to make us happy, which was most appreciated. As mentioned above, service at the Auberge is superbe.and the only reason we have not scorecarded the Overall Rating at Average or less, rather than Very Good chosen..

WTS, I continue to be frustrated by the offering of Q Water at many O&B establishments, including the Auberge, along with the withdrawal of choices for alternative bottled waters, particularly at what is supposed to be a flagship destination restaurant. If Peter Oliver really believes abandoning bottled water is favourable to the environment then he should stop selling wine in bottles and only use Tetrapak packed wines..... The Q Water cram down is all about profit and little about the environment in my view. Toronto tap water does not need a further 4 stage filtration to make it drinkable

7 Thank YYZGuy99
Caledon, Canada
“Comfortable and pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Portions are small, nice presentations reasonably good service, a mite slow. Wine list lengthy and again pricey, price for 4 at dinner $800, include 2 bottles of $85 wine. Mixed clientele, probably an expense account crowd.

Toronto, Canada
“So disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Auberge Du Pommier for our 1 year anniversary and had a great experience. We loved it so much that we decided that we wanted to re-visit every year however that changed after our experience this past Sunday. We visited for dinner and it was Summerlicious. I have never done Summerlicious before (at any restaurant) but we thought why not, we love this restaurant. Well unfortunately it made us hate the restaurant. The food was awful in comparison to our first experience. The portions were small and tasteless. We were so disappointed. In addition, the service was disgusting for fine dining. My boyfriend got the steak and cut it with a normal knife as he never got a steak knife and the server never came around. That's just one example! For dessert, I chose the cheese plate which came with one chunk of brie cheese and two broken crackers. I couldn't even enjoy all of the cheese as there was only two small pieces of crackers. I could go on and on however I will not. I will instead say that the restaurant should not partake in Summerlicious if they want to showcase their quality as it instead makes them look awful.

2 Thank Jemma C