“Charming restaurant”
Review of Auberge du Pommier

Auberge du Pommier
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Pommier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Yonge St. & York Mills
Transit: York Mills Subway Station is located one block south of the restaurant on Yonge Street.
Description: The original jewel in the Oliver & Bonacini crown and a North Toronto icon, Auberge du Pommier has been serving guests since 1987. Constructed around the rustic vestiges of two 1860’s woodcutters’ cottages, Auberge du Pommier combines country charm with contemporary sophistication and style. Featuring wood burning fireplaces in winter and lush, floral terraces in summer, it is a welcoming, refined retreat from the city. A modern French fine dining restaurant, Auberge du Pommier exudes a quiet confidence, reflecting a commitment to culinary excellence and inspired service. The cuisine honours both the refined techniques and rustic styles of classic French fare, with an innovative North American accent. Simple yet elevated, seasonal menus focus on quality by using the finest ingredients, highlighting their natural flavours and textures and plating them elegantly. Through its appreciation of fine food and elegant presentation, its intelligent, sincere service and its French, country-inspired décor, Auberge du Pommier perfectly balances charm and sophistication, romance and refinement.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went for summerlicious last year. great expereince. Greeted with specialty cocktails at the door while we waited for the rest of our party to arrive and our table to be ready. Sommeilier and waiter were very knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent. Ambience was charming.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my second dining experience at Auberge and given the amazing experience I had the first time with great food and service, I was eagerly waiting to go back. However, the dining experience was quite different than my first meal there. We ordered the tasting menu again since it has changed since our last visit, and the one and only dish that really stood out was their seared sea scallop with sea urchin, spaghettini and italian black truffle. The sea scallop was really fresh and the creamy sea urchin with the spaghettini left me craving for more. I could've eaten a large plate of that dish alone. In hind site, I think my experience would've been excellent if my meal consisted only of the mousse of foie gras appetizer and that scallop/sea urchin spaghettini dish. The quail dish was okay and the suckling pig skin was really tough to chew threw. I was looking forward to biting into the crisp skin, however found myself struggling to even bite it apart.

Our table also did the wine pairing with our tasting menu and was not impressed at all. The money we spent on wine pairing we could've used to order a few decent bottles of wine to share with the table. Service was good as expected from this restaurant.

My rating here factors in the excellent first experience I had at Auberge last October with the wonderful flavours and dishes. However after my most recent experience, I most likely won't be back in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We celebrated my wife's 50th birthday. Dinner was great. We loved the steak, but be aware that the portion size of all dishes is small compared to most restaurants. The dishes are beautifully displayed, presented professionally, but not large.

We enjoyed an amuse bouche and complementary macaroons at the end of the meal. The rosemary macaroon was interesting and different. We also enjoyed a variety of desserts including cheese which was very good.

First class place to celebrate.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Consistent excellent food and service. The wine list is extensive and excellent. My favourite of the Oliver and Bonacini group of restaurants. Not pretentious.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friend and I had a reservation for winterlicious event. We arrived on time, however we had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. When we asked why we have to wait, we had a reservation, we were told you just got here, there are people who have been waiting for some time!
The service was good, our server was quite friendly and helpful, however, the food was awful. I ordered Pork Chops and it was horrible, it was hard as a stone and super dry. I was only able to cut a couple of small pieces from around it, and it tasted like raw meat. I have had pork chops that melted in my mouth with a fraction of the price, this one was the worst I have ever seen and so expensive. My friend had the same experience, both of us left the pork chops almost untouched. This is a very expensive restaurant, I had a high expectation of it, but the food proved otherwise.

3  Thank arezoosh