“you Must Try!!”
Review of Auberge du Pommier

Auberge du Pommier
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Pommier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 8,569 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Yonge St. & York Mills
Transit: York Mills Subway Station is located one block south of the restaurant on Yonge Street.
Description: The original jewel in the Oliver & Bonacini crown and a North Toronto icon, Auberge du Pommier has been serving guests since 1987. Constructed around the rustic vestiges of two 1860’s woodcutters’ cottages, Auberge du Pommier combines country charm with contemporary sophistication and style. Featuring wood burning fireplaces in winter and lush, floral terraces in summer, it is a welcoming, refined retreat from the city. A modern French fine dining restaurant, Auberge du Pommier exudes a quiet confidence, reflecting a commitment to culinary excellence and inspired service. The cuisine honours both the refined techniques and rustic styles of classic French fare, with an innovative North American accent. Simple yet elevated, seasonal menus focus on quality by using the finest ingredients, highlighting their natural flavours and textures and plating them elegantly. Through its appreciation of fine food and elegant presentation, its intelligent, sincere service and its French, country-inspired décor, Auberge du Pommier perfectly balances charm and sophistication, romance and refinement.
“you Must Try!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is by far the best retaurant I have been to. I have been many times, each and every experience I have had there has been wonderful.
Excellent food, Wine list, and service. Bravo!

• Visited March 2012

Toronto
“Overrated?!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had heard a lot about this restaurant, and it is among the top 5 on TA, hence we thought we would try it out. We took advantage of winterlicious dinner menu, and can’t tell you how glad we are for doing so (as opposed to spending $$$ on the regular menu). To start off, I want to give props to what was enjoyable about the evening. The ambiance with the real wood burning in the fireplace, and the well thought out interior and seating is unparalleled by any other restaurant we have been to in TO. Our waiter was delightful – friendly and attentive to our needs.

The food, however, was mediocre! For starters, my husband ordered the braised leek and green cabbage soup that came with a slow poached egg and gruyere cheese. The idea of the soup was tremendous, but was executed poorly. I ordered the Smoked Salmon with watercress, capers, horseradish crème fraiche, and rye bread crostini – I could have made that at home!! For main, my husband had the grilled pork chop, which was fatty and under seasoned, however, the Brussels sprouts, braised red cabbage, roasted sweet potato puree with bacon jus that accompanied the chop was delicious. I had the Pot au Feu - braised beef short rib, root vegetables, classic garnishes, dashi bouillon. The beef was tough, which is a huge disappointment, as I like my braised beef to fall apart on the touch of a fork. The saving grace was all the flavourful garnishes. Dessert was the best part of the meal. We had the sticky date pudding with toffee sauce… one of the best desserts we have ever had, and the chocolate mousse cake with espresso cream, which was decadent. The cocktails on the menu were nothing to write home about, but I did enjoy a great cup of coffee with my dessert.

Would we ever go back… no!!

1 Thank brownie06
Toronto, Canada
“Love the place and the food”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place was packed due to the Winterlicious crowd. It was noisier than normal but we didn't mind. Roaring fireplace added the sound, sight and smell other restaurants don't offer. We ordered from the Winterlicious menu.
Simple leek and cabbage soup was prepared with poached egg floating on top. Pot de feu was done with a twist by the chef, still has the traditional southern France flavor.
Goat cheese for desert is the first time I came across in Toronto.

Service was very good and the food was excellent.

Overall verdict: will come again when possible.

1 Thank James N
Toronto, Canada
“Poor service - waiter forgot us”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were there for a Christmas lunch--and while the food was very good, the waiter kept forgetting about us and we spent a lot of time trying to get his attention. Unfortunate given the reputation of the Oliver restaurants--certainly not my favorite one.

Oakville, Canada
“Excellent service”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went for winterlicious. The service was impeccable. Our waiter really knew his drinks, wine and food. He even lightened up my son who was not happy to be there. The food was very good but I would say not inspired. Maybe it was because it was winterlicious menu. Park underground so your ticket can be validated.

1 Thank doctormd