“Tangra Style Indian Chinese Food”

Federicks Restaurant
Ranked #1,661 of 10,302 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

We eat there quite frequently. Love their Shrimp Pakora, Beef with Green Beans and Chilli Chicken. Good Indian Chinese Restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Very average Chinese food... if your going here thinking it’s Indo-Chinese just the names are Indo-Chinese they don’t taste like it at all... we were sent here by a cousin saying it’s really good but honestly wasn’t impressed at all have eaten better Chinese than this... Hakka noodles aren’t suppose to be thin what we got were lomein... the only reason I gave them 3 starts was service was very fast...

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Aparna K
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Came here and fed the whole squad for under $40. The food had us howling with satisfaction and we will be back soon.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Joe-Linguini
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Francis D'Souza
· July 21, 2018
DISGUSTING INCIDENT
I have been going to Federicks for the past 25 years ever since they opened in 1992 and have known the owner Simon since then. I have recommended Federicks to many of my friends over the past years. However I noticed that as they grew in popularity the quality of their food suffered. Today a rather distasteful incident occurred. I ordered a takeaway from the Scarborough location but when I reached home which is in Ajax, I found that I was given someone else's order. It was 10 pm at night. I called back and told the person that answered about the mix up. I was told that I could come back and pick up my correct and they would refund my money as a goodwill gesture. I returned the wrong order unopened which I was asked to bring back to Federicks. When I reached Federicks they took back the wrong order but FLATLY refused to refund me the money for my order claiming that they never agreed to give me the food free. The waiter who spoke to me openly denied that he had agreed to refund me the cost of the food. I was so disgusted with his dishonesty and rudeness that I refused to pick up my order and asked them to refund me my money. This incident left a bad taste in my mouth and have decided never to eat at Federicks again. Totally dishonest and unprofessional. I hope Simon, who was not in the restaurant at that time reads this and responds.

Date of visit: July 2018
5  Thank Bugdoosh
Reviewed July 18, 2018

I struggle sometimes to find food at Hakka restaurants that I enjoy, but the Hakka Chicken Chow Mien at Fredricks was delicious, filling and a great price. I think the lunch special was $6.95 + tax and that included a drink.

Date of visit: July 2018