“Very good lunch”
Review of Adega

Adega
Reserve with OpenTable
Adega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 9,121 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge and Dundas
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This very pleasant restaurant on Elm Street, near the Arts and Letters Club, features Portuguese cuisine and does so with great success. I had a sea food bisque and grilled squid; both were well prepared and tasty. Prices were on the high side. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently returned for dinner with my family at Adega (33 Elm St., Toronto, Ontario, CA), having first dined there nearly a year before during a similar visit to Toronto. Our impression on that first visit was confirmed by the most recent experience: a good restaurant in its genre, very good on the salads and appetizers as well as with desserts, but only satisfactory regarding the entrees (a C or C- in academic terms: that would be a 5 or 6 in the European academic system). On the first visit my wife and I both ordered the Herb-Encrusted Atlantic Salmon, which proved to be just so-so. Our son had it on the most recent visit with the same reaction: just OK. On this last occasion my wife and I ordered the Seafood Saffron Risotto. It took quite some time for it to be served following our first course (perhaps because in the Adega's 'cellar' there was a large group having a special dinner (the chef & kitchen may have been slammed). However, when it was finally served, the risotto was, well, B to B-; in other words, good --once a bit of salt was added to the dish (and we rarely, if ever, add salt to a restaurant's dish once served). Our server was especially courteous and attentive, which helped. We will probably return to Adega on a future visit to Toronto, since we believe in giving a promising establishment a fair chance to show its best. Maybe three visits will prove to be the charm.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

It was a very enjoyable dinner for sure. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We asked for his recommendation on the wine and it turned out well. For appetizer, we ordered sardine and Portuguese chourico sausage. Both portions were quite generous. The sardines was very tasty, grilled just right with olive oil and sea salt. However, I found it just a little too bony. The chourico sausage was excellent. We like the spice, not too hot but with a nice 'kick' to it.

For dinner, we had grilled squid and fish stew. We finished the grilled squid and had to take most of the fish stew home because we were full. The squid was tender with very flavorful grilled taste. The fish stew is a 'must try' in my opinion. Lots of seafood in a tomato base sauce. We ate the leftover with Udon the next day and it was fabulous!

Would definitely go back.

1  Thank Tamam201305
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was sitting at the back of the restaurant. Service and Food was good. The kitchen stuffs were very loud. You can hear them talking and swearing ! !! Specially if you speak Spanish, you will understand everything.(next time I will ask for a table in the middle or close to the door). The management should take step to prevent the noise from the kitchen because its really annoying. It was okay if only few times but they were loud all night we stayed there.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

And very nice it was too!
A cold wet Summer's day, and a great place to eat well, drink well, and avoid the wintry blasts outside.
Why did we leave? Really only because we'd finished a lovely lunch and we had to!