“Great food and accommodating service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Adega

Adega
Reserve with OpenTable
Adega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge and Dundas
Sendai, Japan
“Great food and accommodating service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had an amazing meal here.

The waiter was very accommodating - I wanted a different red wine by the glass and I was presented with 3 tasters (none of which were on the menu) to choose from. I asked for something tomato-y as a side for my fish and got it.

Highly recommended and if I am in Toronto again I'll be going back (which is saying something as there are SO many great restaurants in Toronto... and this is one!)

• Visited October 2012

Surrey, England
“Nice place with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I selected this place for an informal lunch, based on good TA reviews and the preview of the menu online. The place had a nice atmosphere and the tables were not crammed in so I didn’t need to listen to other people’s conversation. My spicy prawns with pasta were delicious and so was the white wine. We stayed there for a while after finishing the meal and yet didn’t feel under pressure to rush out. The service was just great. I won’t hesitate to come here again next time I visit Toronto.

• Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Hm.. Could be BETTER !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Well.. I have been searching for a new portuguese restaurant to visit and I was not impressed.
The food was good, but the menu is not really a traditional portuguese menu .. Just a couple dishes there were literally portuguese.. I also found it way over priced for what it is.. Nothing in my 3 course meal had a wow factor that would pull me back to visit. Adega is a OK restaurant for the price range that it is.. with that price tag I believe you should walk out saying " Oh wow, that was amazing.. "

• Visited October 2012
Hobart, Australia
“Hit the spot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was just what we were looking for in a restaurant. Having read the TA reviews I was quietly confident that it wouldn't disappoint. It's truly Portugese food using lovely spices and interesting types of fish. There's a rustic feel and although busy it was buzzing rather than noisy. Can't fault the food or the service, it deserves a high rating.

• Visited August 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Authentic cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were in Toronto for the Film Festival and between films we had a great lunch at this Portuguese restaurant. We ordered seafood and it was very fresh and well prepared. The restaurant feels
expensive with good linens and attentive, professional service. The prices were surprisingly reasonable.
Not 'dead cheap" but well priced. We ordered an appetizer of grilled fresh sardines, a soup, and two of the house specialties, a Cataplana (seafood stew) that had a lot of fresh seafood and would have been enough to share. It comes steaming in the traditional cataplana copper pot. We also had the grilled octopus which was fork tender and delicious. We were too full for dessert. Of all the restaurants we tried in Toronto this was
the most pleasant experience and the food was tops. We recommend it.

• Visited September 2012