“Good food and service and the dancer is great”

Tabule Middle Eastern Cuisine
Ranked #228 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Located in the heart of mid-town Toronto, Tabule restaurant is an emerging hotspot, where taste surpasses expectation! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.
Maple, Canada
“Good food and service and the dancer is great”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Havent been back here for a while but the food is still very good, The kefka bandura was excellent as was the red snapper. Even the baklava was good. The belly dancer (only on Saturdays) was very entertaining and talented. The staff was friendly though a little over-worked and likely could have used a couple more to speed things up.

• Visited October 2013

Toronto
“OK addition to Queen East”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This second location looks great. The decor is middle eastern done in a hip urban style. Well laid out, large windows open up for open air dining in nice weather. Very pretty bathrooms. Middle Eastern music kept at a comfortable decibel level in the background. Chairs not very comfortable.

Had a light lunch of just the falafel salad, grilled pita bread, mint lemonade and a hot anise tea to finish. The falafels were nice and crispy, but the salad was pretty uninspired and for $9, there really was not much lettuce on the plate. Couldn’t see any evidence of salad dressing, but the romaine had quite a salty taste. Service was a bit haphazard, given how few people were in the restaurant and they forgot our drinks twice. The anise tea was the best part of the meal served in an I Dream of Jeannie teapot with a small red glass for the tea. About $18 before tip.

Mediocre impression overall, however I have to mention that my friend and I sat for 4 hours with no attempt to shoo us away – the restaurant was almost completely empty, but we still appreciated their allowing us to sit undisturbed.

I would go back again to try other menu items as I have always enjoyed their Yonge St. location, even though this particular lunch was nothing special.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank alwaysplanahead
Toronto
“An excellent addition to Lesliville”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I went here for dinner with my daughter last night. We live in the neighbourhood so are always interested in visiting the new arrivals. Plus we love Middle Eastern food. I would have given the restaurant an excellent rating but for the acoustics - covered at the end of this review.
The decor is modern and fresh. The front windows open out to the sidewalk which on this night, let in the beautiful late summer evening air.
We started with the hummus and grilled eggplant. Both delicious, especially the grilled eggplant. Crispy on the outside, perfectly cooked without being mushy, on the inside. The pita, also fabulous. We shared the very generous fallafel dinner plate. There's no way either one of us could have eaten an entire one each. I have to say I've eaten a lot of fallafel in my day and this was some of the very best.
The service was friendly and attentive - water glasses were filled without ever asking.
My only complaint - the tables are super close and the venue is extraordinarily noisy. Once it fills up it's almost impossible to hear your dinner companions. The two women at the table next to us were shouting above the din which made it very difficult for my daughter and I to have a conversation.
Still, we each agreed we'd return. The food is fabulous. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
“Simply the best Tabule and Falafel!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Nothing else would suffice other than Tabule if you are looking for some great Tabule (fresh and tasty) and falafel! This is my and my wife's favorite restaurant! We love the mint tea using actual fresh mint leaves! So fresh and refreshing!

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Queen Street East Find”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

While checking out the changes in Leslieville stumbled across this wonderful Middleastern restaurant. Staff were friendly. The decor was wonderful and the front all opened up to bring in a glorious summer day. Enjoyed a bowl of tasty Lentil Soup that came with a wedge of lemon and a toated pita. Warm, fresh Pita was delivered to the table. Then had a wonderful arugula salad with grilled Halomi Cheese and a pommagranate vinegarette. All very lovely on a summer afternoon. This was all topped off by a glass of California Chardonnay. I will try again but see what it has to offer at dinner.