“Another hit!”

Ranked #222 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Located in the heart of mid-town Toronto, Tabule restaurant is an emerging hotspot, where taste surpasses expectation! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have the lamb kabobs - you won't be disappointed! I think the food at the new Tabuli is better than the old and better (sorry) than Jerusalem on Eglinton. A bit crowded and noisy but if you go early, you'll do better. My partner is vegan and she loves the choices she can have too.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

In addition to the location at 2009 Yonge Street, Tabule has now opened a second restaurant at 810 Queen Street East (Queen between Broadview and Logan) in the Riverside area. Our family is thrilled, because the new location is nearer to our house and we won't have to travel as far to get our "fix" of Tabule's fabulous food! The falafels are fantastic (perfectly seasoned and crunchy - my daughter's favourite) and the dips are to die for ... an appetizer plate to share of hummus, babaghanouj and labni (creamy dairy dip) with warm pita bread is a must before every dinner we have at Tabule.
I love the décor as well - fresh, modern, and the front windows open to the street in warm weather! I'm told that there are plans for a back patio as well, which will expand the seating - and they're going to need it, because the neighbourhood has already discovered Tabule with great enthusiasm.
Go ... you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Pretty, upmarket and atmospheric. The Arabic music adds authenticity. The waitress who served us not being Lebanese or from that region for that matter, did not know what I meant when I asked for 'Schug' - an Arab version of hot sauce made of chilly and various herbs. We only ordered a selection of appetizers, some delicious, some less so. I've had hummus with much greater character and texture. The Lebanese coffee was a disappointment. The waitress made a show of pouring it in front of us at our table. But it was poured out of a brass, not a copper dish. The fact that the metal was shiny told me that the coffee was not boiled in it, otherwise the fire would have tarnished it. Even more importantly, the coffee lacked the necessary thickness of texture, foam and had very little Cardemon ground into it. I wish the restaurant placed more emphasis on authenticity than upmarket chic. 'Tabule' is also slightly overpriced.

2  Thank Robert F
Reviewed June 4, 2013

So the Tabule on Yonge has opened a 2nd location at Queen & Broadview....It's just as wonderful (if not better !!!) than the Yonge location. The food is wonderful - a good mix that suits everyone - and fresh !! The ambiance is upscale and calm. The service could have been a bit better - we were left alone a bit too much - but over all it was all fantastic ! They've only been opened about a week. I wish them all the best - and highly recommend that you check it out !

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The food is not bad...we've eaten here many times. The problem is that it really is not all that authentic (and we are a family who can tell the difference)...dishes that should be grilled are fried, or should be fried are baked. The ingredients are often also not traditional but clearly invented. While Tabule holds itself out to be authentic...it's really fusion. Just want to make you aware of this if you are expecting traditional lebanese food. It is also on the pricey side for what you get and the decor is rather Moroccan. We eat Arabic food on a daily basis, and this menu is in places confusing, the ingredients surprising and such a mish mash I suspect the owner isn't middle eastern at all. If you want truly authentic and delicious middle eastern food, head down Yonge Street to Paramount.

This said, the food at Tabule is not bad - its just not that really authentic Lebanese (or any other middle eastern) food experience. Tasty enough for fusion and a pleasant dining experience.