“Great Wing Selection”

Cuisines: Pub
Neighborhood: North End
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed July 23, 2015

Had an early dinner here this past Monday - 1/2 price wings all day (with a drink, but no celery/carrot sticks or dip). We've eaten here before. Good solid sports pub with its own collection of aficionados at the bar and a regular stream of families and groups. A moderate selection of beers on tap - we had the Hoegaarden which is yeasty and good with wings. It was served with a slice of orange which was, suprisingly, good with it. We both ordered jumbo wings - we prefer to spend more time eating than picking away at bones - and a side of curly fries. There are regular wings (smaller and called bistro) and boneless with a large selection of flavours. We sat on stools at a high table at the front looking out the window over the small sidewalk patio. The windows are open weather permitting but it was little hot so they were closed. The Baja Chipotle wings I ordered were moist and had a reasonable amount of sauce. Same with my wife's. The menu has the typical pub selections.

Reviewed June 1, 2015

Went there with grandkids went on Monday night it's 1lb of wings for $6.00. The have kids meals as well wings were great as well as great servic

Reviewed January 31, 2015

We went on a Monday when wings are half price (but you have to order a drink and they dont come with the usual carrots and celery). Honestly, I take issue with restaurants which offer any kind of "half off" deals only to add on other rules, kind of defeats the purpose. This is just based on principle and its a turn off.
Our waitress was acting as a complete airhead. The place was pretty empty, there were about two other tables yet our server was scattered and took forever acting as if she was juggling a full restaurant.
My boyfriend got the wrong chicken wing order. When we informed our server this is not what we ordered, she just stared at us and said "oh..ok. Sorry". No offer to take it back and exchange it.
I then asked what the soup of the day was. She had to go to the kitchen and check (every server should know this!), comes back much later and tells me it's coconut chicken so I order a bowl. The soup comes out and it's extremely obvious that it's chicken soup from a can (fake chicken pieces in a broth). When I ask, she tells me its coconut chicken and i have to ask her to taste it to prove its most definitely just chicken soup. Again, she just stares at us with a lost look and says "oh..ok..." Until I just tell her to take it back. How do you not see that this is NOT coconut chicken before you bring it from the kitchen?
Dismal service. Atrocious decorations. I'd probably come back at least once more just for the cheap wings, as my jumbo creole were delicious.

1  Thank LivO O
Reviewed December 26, 2014

The Right Wing is one of the few sports bars in the Yonge Eglinton/Lawrence neighborhoods. It is a great spot to catch a game on the numerous TVs which blanket the walls and the food is pretty good as well. I definitely recommend the burgers - clearly fresh ground beef, not frozen - which are much larger then average. You can get a soup or side salad in lieu of fries if you'd like a slightly healthier option. There are also several unique beers on tap if you'd like something other than Bud or Canadian. There is a games room downstairs (ping pong and pool table) which can be booked for private functions.