“MUSIC WITHOUT BORDERS”

Book In Advance
More Info
$46.77*
and up
Aga Khan Museum Admission with Round-trip...
Ranked #29 of 545 things to do in Toronto
Reviewed June 7, 2015

REVIEW VENTANAS- AGA KHAN MUSEUM AUDITORIUM
I had reviewed the very first show when the museum was opened in the presence of the Prime Minister.
This showed that 'music is without borders'.
This concept repeated itself on Friday night yet again and warrants another review.

The show was by Ventanas a music band based in Toronto where positive diversity abounds.

It consisted of Bulgarian dance tunes, Greek, Macedonian and Flamenco songs with stunning Flamenco dances.
The energy and vibes were abundant,, aided by stunning decor and a beautiful sound system.

It was so positive that a portion of the audience stood up and started doing a graceful Macedonian dance.

The standing ovation with the' encore' calls spoke for itself.!

I had rounded up a dozen friends mainly to enjoy the show.

It was my birthday the next day but told no one.
My daughter sneaked off to the main singer and dancer after the show and got her to autograph a beautiful birthday wish for me.

That truly crowned a beautiful evening.

2  Thank SADICKOFTORONTO
"gift shop"
in 23 reviews
"main floor"

Reviewed June 4, 2015

Very educative and informative, good presentation of Islamic periods and dynasties in a beautiful building. Very nice and helpful staff. Nice café with sweets from the Arabic world, try it!

Reviewed June 3, 2015

When I entered this museum, I could not believe how beautifully and remarkably the architect thought through the entire facility. The first time I visited was to see the actual museum and grant artifects I didn't think that I would get the opportunity to see. If you go, please make sure you have the audio radio phones with you as each item is explained in a very detailed manner. The history behind is just incredible. I loved the 2 carpets where the whole city of London, and Karachi is done on this beautiful Persian Kalim. Definitely a must see. The location of it is right on the Wynford drive where all the Don Valley Parkway travellers see this monument day in and out whether going south or North on DVP. it's a great view when especially passing in the night with lights of the Centre dome is on. When I saw the park, I was speechless. Immaculately done. When I sat there in the park, there was tranquillity and peace around me with this fresh breeze trickling the leaves and the sounds to your ears was so melodious. I definitely recommend to see it.
Yes, the price was a little on the higher side, but all attractions now a days cost much more.

1  Thank Azmina N
Reviewed June 3, 2015

It was a sunny day and the building glowed. It is a really wonderful new museum. The collection is beautifully displayed and the building is worth the trip for its own sake. Allow at least two hours, preferably longer. The restaurant is a bit pricy but pleasant and the food is good, not fabulous but very nice with friendly and helpful service. They were able to provide a gluten-free meal for me.

1  Thank Frances4612
See more reviews
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

As I love architecture, unique construction and open space design, loved this place. You can take so many cool pics of the exterior space and grounds. Each will differ as the space's shadows also change.

Liked the inside exhibits. Would have probably liked it much more if I kept my 8 year old son at home. He had no patience. But he like spending time in the kids arts and craft room. The one lady there is a trained child art teacher.

If I was to go back, I would definitely keep my son at home. But otherwise I loved the interior and most of all the exterior spaces.

The still water spaces reminded me of the long and very large water feature in Boston at the church of Scientology. It's very nice there and even nicer here. Very relaxing.