“Spot on, always!”
Review of Zucca Trattoria

Zucca Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Zucca Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #866 of 9,006 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 11, 2012

For decades, our favourite Toronto Italian restaurant. Exquisite seafood. Attentive service is always 'spot on', as is the food, so I guess that's why it has been around so long with same chef/owner. Has a neighbourhood trattoria feel, great wine list (primarily Italian), and lovely for special occasions too. Will return soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

No tired Italianate food at Zucca. The food is modern Italian and so fresh and flavorful it tastes like the vegetables and fruit were picked today. Our server was skilled at explaining in great detail the specials of the day and the presentation was exceptional. The only negative was the price of the Prosecco which was $12.00 a fluted glass which did seem excessive. We have eaten here many times and will continue to return as the food and service are consistently excellent.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

excellent pasta and fresh fish flown in..Blair is the best host!We have never had a complaint about the food or service in all the years we have come here.
Loved the octopus and the pomodore..
Reserve ahead.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food is delicious. The pasta melts in your mouth. The fish, cooked to perfection. The desserts, the best anywhere - meringues with chocolate mousse... Oh my!! Great service, nice people. We will be back.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This used to be one of my favourite restaurants. I went with my son to partake of the Fixed Price $28 menu.
We both had the green salad and shared the special of fried sardines as a starter. The salad was lettuce and bitter radicchio with vinegar and a touch of olive oil. Very uninspired. There were three sardines and they were huge. I just got back from Italy where I had tiny sardines that melted in your mouth. These could not really be eaten whole; the bones were too big. But that is how you are supposed to eat them. That was not very pleasant.
We both had pasta. Mine was a special in a fishy fish sauce and some bitter greens. My son had the noodles with wild leeks, fava beans and prosciutto. That was the best dish of the evening, although the portion was a tad small. I couldn't finish my pasta and my son, the human vacuum cleaner, couldn't either. We both agreed it was nasty.
For dessert we both had the lemon, ricotta and semolina tart with rhubarb compote. It was very sweet; there was no tartness from the lemon or the rhubarb. I couldn't taste either the lemon or the ricotta.
So I don't know what is going on. The restaurant seems rather uninspired and tired. Previously, I have stayed with the fish which was always superb and may still be so. The wine list is expensive.
I don't think I will be back.

2  Thank GeminiDream