“Excellent restaurant”
Review of Zee Grill

Zee Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zee Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #526 of 8,715 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Between Manor Rd. and Hilldale Ave.
Description: Zee Grill is one of the best and oldest seafood restaurants and oyster bars in Toronto. Located in the Yonge & Eglinton neighborhood we've been serving oysters, lobster, steak, seafood and fish to Torontonians since 1981.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

we had a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. My friend had the steak with Shrimp which was to die for and I had the lobster with frites. It had to be the best lobster I have had. The romaine salad topped with a poached egg was excellent as well. Everything was delicious. The service was superb. I plan to go back there when I return to Toronto. I will definitely recommend this place to all my friends.

2  Thank Ladyrose1
There are newer reviews for Zee Grill

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Zee restaurant recently. The service and ambience did not seem to match the cost of dinner. We dine out every weekend and like to try different upscale establishments. Zee Grill was not one of them, it just very average.

Our waiter although friendly, was clearly not polished. He couldn't remember what we ordered and brought our food to the wrong table when it arrived. We shared the zee salad to start which was not large enough to share which was disappointing. My main arrived luke warm and portions were really small. The waiter didn't ask once if we would like another glass of wine with our meal. Dessert was really small as well. I also ordered a cappuccino and when there was a delay in it arriving, our waiter apologized to my husband but I was the one who ordered it, not my husband, he didn't remember and delivered it to him upon arrival. After dinner our dirty plates sat to long on the table.

The food was tasty, but for just under $200 for dinner for two and mediocre service, there is much better in our beautiful city. My favourite, the pasta bar at Scaramouche. Always, excellent service and delicious food time after time.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

and it was delicious. Being a lover of veggies, I chose something that gave me the veggies I liked but the portion was very small. I had a good portion of duck and it came cooked to perfection (medium rare). My friend had trout which she really enjoyed but cucumbers as a vegetable? The drink service was very slow and when I asked for salt and pepper it was a long time coming. The tables where we sat were etremely close together and I don't think a return trip is in the works.

1  Thank MinkeyToronto_Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This restaurant has been around for years, and I can't think why we haven't eaten here before - perhaps because the external appearance is not exciting, the open kitchen is at the front and not visible from the street. Once inside the ambiance is pleasant and the staff are very welcoming. I very much enjoyed the Zee salad, which included a soft poached egg, my wife loved the sweet corn and clam chowder. For entrees we had moules with frites and the Digby Bay scallops, both were delicious and very well presented. The service was very attentive. Overall a very good experience indeed, we shall certainly be back.

2  Thank Joe1949
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Outstanding. Fish so fresh! Best in e city! Great service. We had the Poke salad! A must!
For those who say it see to be better, don't listen to them! It's great!
Lots of street parking!