“Wonderful fish dinner”
Review of Zee Grill

Zee Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zee Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #552 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Between Manor Rd. and Hilldale Ave.
Description: Zee Grill is one of the best and oldest seafood restaurants and oyster bars in Toronto. Located in the Yonge & Eglinton neighborhood we've been serving oysters, lobster, steak, seafood and fish to Torontonians since 1981.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Outstanding. Fish so fresh! Best in e city! Great service. We had the Poke salad! A must!
For those who say it see to be better, don't listen to them! It's great!
Lots of street parking!

2  Thank LizzieLizzieLizzie

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a memorable meal at Zee Grill to celebrate a milestone birthday. We decided to treat ourselves and ordered the "Seafood Tower" for two (with an extra half lobster!) The seafood was fresh with bright flavours, and the sides were a tasty complement. The service could not have been better -- attentive without being intrusive, informed and friendly. A trio of flourless chocolate deserts and the Meringue Lemon Ice Cream Sandwich were a decadent but remarkably light end to a wonderful meal. We always love the warm and cozy ambiance of the restaurant, and enjoy watching the professional bustle in the open kitchen. One of our favorite restaurants and always our "go-to" for special events.

1  Thank CocoBean72
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We hadn't been to Phoebe's or "Zee Grill" for a number of years and decided to try it again a few weeks ago.
The interior decor appears dark and dingy and a little upgrading might be a good idea. What once was charming now has all the ambiance of a Duke of York or Duke of Kent Pub. I remember a fantastic meal with friends about 5? years ago when it was known as "Phoebe's". Although the servers are friendly and accommodating, this recent evening didn't have the food highlights that I remembered. Since we were ravenous, we devoured the excellent loaf of bread. Bread comes out fresh and hot, and I enjoyed my entree of Seafood Poke Salad - had a nippy sauce and was beautifully presented for $15.00.
There was a huge gap of about 30 minutes between courses so we asked for more bread! while we waited. My entree of Diver Scallops $26.00 was white on white and tasted quite bland with scallops that had been a little overcooked and ricotta dumplings with saffron and trout caviar sauce that were bland tasting as well.
I'm sort of sorry we were disappointed overall but I'm afraid we aren't returning.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The oysters were very fresh and I really enjoyed the in house made banana pepper sauce that went with them. The mussels were tasty and didn't have any grit in them. One of the people in our group of 5 has a gluten allergy and doesn't eat seafood. The restaurant did a great job of accommodating her and created something that she really enjoyed. Everyone else in our group really enjoyed their meal and the hospitality we received from the chef and our server.

1  Thank rayray1985
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Decided to try this restaurant on a bit of a whim and was not disappointed. All 3 of us loved our meals. The ambiance seemed a bit cavernous when we first walked in but it brightened up towards the middle and rear of the restaurant. In the very back there is a screened in "porch" which looked really nice if it hadn't been such a humid evening. The chef was very accommodating as I wanted mussels but not in the cream sauce as on the menu and he came out to talk about how I'd like them done. They were delicious.
Definitely give this place a try if you love fish and seafood.

1  Thank Bronna