“18th Birthday Party”

Whistler's Grille & the McNeil Room
Ranked #4,643 of 8,439 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, International, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: East End
“18th Birthday Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Last night I had my 18th birthday party held in the McNeil room and I am very impressed with the food and overall service! The staff were amazing, friendly and very well organized! Just excellent! They were all very helpful and very patient, which is a plus because most of my guests are teens! My guests loved the food and the portions were was just.. oh my! My guests got to bring home some food! They all loved the menu! The bill doesn't even matter if you get an A+ food and service in return! I highly recommend the McNeil room when having a medium sized party or a family get together! Thank you to all the staff!

• Visited May 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Good Food and Drink but Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Went there on a Friday night around 5:30 and was a bit disappointed in how empty the place initially was. It did pickup but not for another hour or so.

They had a great selection of draft beers and the food and service were really good however we felt the bill was high for what we got and especially since there are similar, cheaper options down on the Danforth.

Will give this place another try however, especially during the summer when the patio will be open.

Visited December 2013
ON, Canada
“A quick night in Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went to Toronto for a ParrotHead Cinko de Mayo party which was being held at Whistlers.
WOW, food portions are out of this world....possibly wasteful lol
I ordered a wrap and it could have fed both of us!!! The sweet potato fries are very tasty.
The atmosphere was exactly as we expected....fun and lively

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gwen S
Whitby, Canada
“Inconsistent food, nice patio, nice servers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have been here twice, since it's right across from my friend's condo.
Their patio is great, definitely enjoyed the ambiance.
The first time I came here with two friends in March 2012, I ordered the brie burger and a pint of Bud. The server was friendly and attentive. The burger was quite tasty, and came with two reasonably sized slices of brie. My friends were not so lucky, choosing to order a wilted salad and the house white wine, which was disgusting. I told them that they shouldn't order salad and wine from a pub, and figured that as long as I kept to burgers and beer, I would be safe. I was wrong.
We came back on my birthday to enjoy the patio, due to its convenient location. My friends were reticent to come back due to our previous experience, but since it was my birthday I won and chose Whistler's as our destination. I once again ordered the brie burger. This time, they served me one little piece of brie, it was just a gross rind, but flipped over to disguise that fact, and show the tiny bit of brie that was left on it. The server took back the rind when I pointed this out, and brought two slices of brie out on a plate, the slices were about half the amount that I received when I ordered the burger on my previous visit but it was better than gross rind so I decided just to eat it. For a burger, it was fine, but nothing special. I wish the food was more consistent. For the prices they are charging, the food is definitely not worth it.
If you are looking for a nice patio to enjoy a pint, I recommend this place. If you are looking for good food, I would not recommend Whistler's.

• Visited May 2012
“Food average to poor, service average to poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just went to eat a few days ago to eat in their downstairs restaurant, ordered the chicken fajitas which came to me totally burnt, I'm talking charcoal. The server just mixed it up a little, definitely noticing how overdone it was, and served it to me anyways! I was in a rush and with another person, so I couldn't ask them to send it back and make me a new one - otherwise I would have!

Also booked an event at their banquet room a couple months back and was very happy with the appearance of their facility upstairs. It is modern and very very pleasant to look at. But the staff does not match the quality of the venue.

During our event a couple things happened that made us unhappy. The servers actually cleared drinks that were half full while our guests were away from their seat for a couple minutes, on bathroom breaks, talking to other people etc. So the guests had to actually go buy another drink! I don't know if this is something they are told to do or not (it would certainly make them a lot more money!) but it is totally unacceptable. I had about 10 people come up to me and tell me this was happening!

Also our dealings with the owner were not as forthright as we would have hoped. That's all I'm going to say about that!

The food at the event was average.

• Visited January 2012