“Risotto is delicious...”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Islington-City Centre West
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

One of my favourite spots even with the high price tag... the mushroom risotto is always cooked to perfection and mouth watering. Staff is willing to accommodate your requests (yes I asked them to cook my tuna steak) and it was worth it.

Great dessert selection although I was too full to order my own the bite from my hubbies plate was mouthwatering.

Enjoy the culinary experience and the great selection of wines.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed May 22, 2017

To be fair, there are few good dining options tucked away in the west end and close to the offices of the Gardiner/QEW corridor. The inauspicious entrance sandwiched between the UPS store and Staples does at least give way to a pleasant and expansive dining room. The open kitchen is a little passé: service tries to be 'clubby'. From the calamari to the house thin crust pizza (a shared starter - it's not a pizza place by any means!), food is more than acceptable, but ludicrously pricey. Wines are generally the same. It feels like what it is: the bolt hole for people in the area who want a 'proper' restaurant but are starved for choice. Some competition would be good.

2  Thank youandmehere
Reviewed May 22, 2017

If you're looking for a comfortable fine dining experience, this isn't it. It felt a little uptight and we did not feel we could relax. We also did not have the best service. There were only a couple tables being occupied and people at the bar when we went and we had to ask for refills for our drinks. By the way - refills are not included. The pasta dish I had seemed a little bit too oily (mind you I did not order a dish with oil). It was a marinara base so shouldn't have been like that. There are some excellent options on the menu so I'll give them that. More exotic dishes and not for the picky. HA Overall, I just wasn't thrilled with the service, or meal at this restaurant. Sorry.

Reviewed May 15, 2017

Walked into this restaurant with no reservation and 3 tired kids in tow. The restaurant was so beautiful and obviously upscale that my wife and I paused at the door. The manager I presume saw this and came over to see if the hostess needed help. Really she did not having already told us that there was a child's menu available. The restaurant was a little busy but he did find us seats at the pizza bar were without prompting he asked my kids if they would like to make their own pizzas.
This honestly blew my wife and I away. Our kids made and enjoyed pizzas while my wife and I dined on simply the best Caeser salad we have ever had. Both the Bolognese served with fresh made pasta and the Risotto and Cod dish were outstanding. There was a sommelier who dropped by to help us choose a glass of wine from the massive wine list to go with our meals. Nothing elaborate but perfectly matched to each of our meals. The young man helping with the pizzas and the chef were both so patient, the kids they forgot how tired they were. Our server was professional and everyone was as friendly and helpful as they could be, especially the manager who did everything he could to make us feel special. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 7, 2017

Phenomenal wine and single malt scotch lists in an Italian restaurant. Slightly above average Italian fare at premium prices though. I go for the Scotch.

Date of visit: March 2017