“Excellent food, service and overall experience!”
Review of Verona Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Verona Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed November 10, 2013

LOVE Verona! This little Italian restaurant is not huge, has wonderful ambient lighting, is very comfortable and has the best staff in Toronto! We went for dinner in between a matinee at the Royal Alex theater and a 7:30 show at the Princess of Wales and we were treated like gold in a front of the house full to the brim. Food is delicious and there is enough to satisfy, prices are very reasonable and the location, especially for theater goers is unbeatable!

6  Thank GloriousLakeSuperior

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a pre-concert meal here yesterday and had an excellent meal - just like we had last year! I had spaghetti carbonara and my wife had chicken parmagianna with a vegetable risotto and we both agreed it was about the best risotto we had ever tasted!! My wife had a white chocolate blueberry cheesecake and I had the warm apple crumble - both were lovely. Service was attentive - all in all, an excellent meal and experience. We'll be back!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We didn't had that much hunger and just wanted a salad. They where quite good. My dad had a pizza and they were quite small... not what we expected but also good. The waiter was attentive and nice.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I wandered in off the street and are dinner here when we were in Toronto recently. Have to say it was the best Italian food we have had in a very long time. The service was superb (very friendly helpful waiter. The portion size was perfect (I had spaghetti) just enough to fill me up but not overwhelming. My husband and I shared a dessert (warm apple crumble-delicious) and it was so good my husband said he's not sharing next time (pretty high praise from someone who usually skips dessert!). Lovely atmosphere too. The nicest part - someone from the restaurant actually followed us out on the street to thank us for coming (there was no one at the host stand when we left). We would definitely eat here again when we are in Toronto

Reviewed October 21, 2013

i went along on a cold and rainy night. the atmosphere was great and the wine selection nice. service was good, no complaints, but the food was average. the most disappointing was the smoked chicken risotto. it was like soup. i couldn't see the rice grains. it tasted ok but not a risotto like the way you would expect. it could have been a bad night but don;t order this.
the pasta looked ok.