“Awesome food and service”
Review of Vegetarian Haven

Vegetarian Haven
Ranked #225 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Some of the best Vegan food I've had and the service was a delight. Fresh spicy flavours and enough choices to keep you going back to try them all.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Walking around in toronto you start craving asian food, for some reason it will happen to you. Maybe its the number of unhealthy asian restaurants or just the number of asian people you meet everywhere..but to satisfy this craving, I decided to try this place out.

I was actually on my way to Khao San to quench my craving but I never made it that far. This place is on a very cute street a block from AGO/OCAD where I was spending the day. It has a very nice patio (albeit small) and it was a beautiful summer day.

I got a 'seafood' bowl with delicious spicy coconut curry and my friend got their eggplant. Mine was very thai, her's was very chinese. She got a ginger tea with fresh ginger and I got an amazing caffeine free teechino which smelled just like coffee but it had no coffee beans... a unique creation I have never had before but it was delicious!

Mine had noodles cooked perfectly and a whole bunch of veggies. My friend's eggplant came with purple rice which was also very good.

I dont visit Toronto in winters, but this was perfect winter food on a snowy day.

If you are vegan and like asian food, dont miss this place!

1  Thank pranjals
Reviewed July 29, 2014

It was a very pleasant day out today so we sat on the patio. Interesting vegetarian menu. My husband's Spicy Seitan something platter had a lot of flavorand house made seitan. I had the Miso Dumpling Soup. The soup had a nice flavor but everything else within it was somewhat bland.

Lovely staff - very nice and attentive. Not the best vegetarian restaurant I've been to but it was a pleasant lunch and atmosphere.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

What a wonderful, yummy, veggie experience!
Although I have heard in the past that this place does not have the greatest service, I went here and would not agree. Lovely service, cute patio, and the food! So good (healthy and junky) veggie food. I would even bring carnivores here. Try the drumsticks!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Had lunch there- excellent food, prompt service. They have outdoor seating as well. On a small street with many restaurants. Prices are acceptable. Would go back there for a meal anytime!