“Never fails to disappoint. ”
Review of Vegetarian Haven

Vegetarian Haven
Ranked #166 of 8,641 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Newcastle, Canada
“Never fails to disappoint. ”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We are constant guests to Veg Haven and this place never fails to deliver. The food is always delicious, the dessert is amazing and the wait staff are friendly. Reservations are recommended as it is a small restaurant that always seems to be busy.

1 Thank Dina H

Courtice, Ontario, Canada
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My niece introduced my husband and I to this delightful restaurant. The cuisine was exceptional and the presentation was delightful. I enjoyed every mouthful. Having said how great the food was I must admit it was surpassed by the wonderful people who served us. The evening was a great experience and we will be back often.

1 Thank Ginny M
Winnipeg, Canada
“One of the Best Restaurants I have tried”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went to this restaurant for dinner on wife's birthday. The atmosphere of the restaurant is relaxed and informal. Decor is simple but elegant. Staff were courteous, attentive and friendly.

We ordered Miso Won Ton Soup, Seared Dumplings and Spicy Moroccan Pad Thai for starters and main. Fresh ginger tea and green tea for drinks and had Blueberry Cheesecake and a scoop of Vanilla ice cream for dessert. My favourite out of these were Spicy Moroccan Pad Thai and Blueberry Cheesecake. All other dishes were really good too but just not as nice as the Pad Thai and Cheesecake.

The only thing I found a little annoying is how the attitude of our waiter changed as soon as he saw that I had not tipped as per his expectations. He took the credit card machine and receipt back to this counter without saying thank you and we never saw him again. Having said that, this place is on our Must-Visit list the next time we are in Toronto.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank KevRadu
shing t, Owner at Vegetarian Haven, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
we would like to find out the date of your visit so that we can discuss your review with the server

once again, we really appreciate your patronage
Waterloo, Canada
“Delightful surprise!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First, understand that this reviewer is not a vegetarian; but that could change. Our four family members thoroughly enjoyed delicious meals at VH. My starter was an amazing 'soup de jour' along with a shared order of 'tofu drumsticks'. My main was a 'bird's nest' of seitan nuggets, mixed veggies and noodles -- very tasty and generous portion too. To finish off, I shared a 'brownie and ice cream' -- very flavorful and mighty good!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GDP321987
Toronto, Canada
“Vegan / Vegetarian at its best!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Oct 12, 2013, went to this establishment for a casual 50th birthday dinner for my husband. Had incredible food, great service and left just wanting to come back and bring people with us next time.

It is really hard to find a restaurant that makes vegan / vegetarian dining a delight with so many flavours. No fries here but you won't want them anyway!

• Visited October 2013