“A Haven for Vegans”

Ranked #39 of 9,301 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went here for lunch with a friend one weekday and she had the morroccan wrap where I had the chef's special of the day. We finished with sharing the apple fritters with vanilla tofu ice cream.

The staff there are very friendly and helpful, I would plan an hour and a half for lunch as everything is made to order so it takes a bit longer.

My husband and I (we are both newly vegan) are planning to return for dinner.

I'm so glad there is a fabulous vegan restaurant in Toronto!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

A vegan friend brought me here for dessert one night as we were in the area. The apple fritters are amazing. I have never had anything like it. The batter on the apple slices is so thin that you can see the skin on the apples. We topped ours up with some vanilla soy ice cream (for dairy people - you wouldn't notice the difference). It was amazing! I also had the ginger tea, and it was exactly that - slices of fresh ginger in hot water. Perfect on a cold night!

Can't wait to go back and try dinner there.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a cozy little restaurant on Baldwin Street. We dropped in for lunch yesterday. My favourite dish is the mushroom tofu on purple rice in a clay pot. Amazing!! The daily special looked very tasty. The service was great as always. This is a place we will return for sure.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The service here was AMAZING--I don't think our water glasses ever stayed low for more than a minute. The food was great, too--the tofu drumsticks were the clear winner, but the noodle/seaweed salad was delicious, too, as was the sizzling pepper steak. We were too stuffed to try any of the desserts, which I'm honestly still regretting.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I only ate there once, but was VERY pleased to have been there, September 2006. If it had been a little nearer where I was staying I would have visited more often. When I asked which meals were vegan, I was PLEASANTLY surprised to be told that ALL meals were vegan.
I can highly recommend this lively place. So nice to see so many young people there, enjoying good food.