“Tuscany in Toronto”
Review of Tutti Matti

Tutti Matti
Reserve with OpenTable
Tutti Matti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #460 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Peter St.
Transit: A short walk from: Osgoode or St. Andrew subway stops Queen St West streetcar / Peter St. stop King St West streetcar / Peter St. stop
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had a large group of 20 for luncheon yesterday.

The antipasti came on lovely wooden boards. Different salume, homemade chicken liver pate, rabbit terrine, lightly pickled vegetables.

We had pinci which are hand rolled large spaghetti from Tuscany. Chef Alida made a boar ragu and this was served in the Tuscan tradition with no cheese.

Meat was a slow-braised shortrib caramelized with beer. Roasted fingerling potato and white turnip on the side.

So happy I am going back for dinner tonight.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I recently took our friends/clients to this establishment. We rarely do that as it is a very special place for us for many reasons but this client and husband have become friends over time and we wanted to share with them one of the best restaurants in the city. Alida and crew were again outstanding. We had the sformato, (parmigiano ricotta flan with mushroom sausage ragu), the burrata (walnut purée, preserved pears) and the funghi as starters, we then had pinci (with wild boar ragu) for the table, and order of pappardelle and there tagliatelle with braised duck, dried cherries, thyme, chanterelle mushrooms. I and my other guest had the costole di manzo (braised short ribs, beer, oranges, rosemary, heirloom vegetables). I have said tis before but I do think this is the best short ribs in our city.

A week later, I took good ciets there as they too are foodies and it was truffle season. I let alida tell us what we should have as I alsohad a bottle of Poggio Alla Mura 1997 with me to share with my clients. The chef recommended, the specials with truffles re: duck eggs on toast and a delicious pasta with shaved truffles on top, I also ordered the sformato and the burrata because they are awesome. With the wine we had the venison which was an excellent match. I/we will always go back as long as the chef and team stay the same with their positive energy, innovative menu based on solid roots and of course Alida's smile and customer centric approach to her clients.

1  Thank SavvyTraveler738
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were planning to go uptown to Mistura, but we were way too tired and Tutti Matti was a stone's throw from our hotel. The reviews looked great, so we figured we would give it a try and we're glod we did. Our server was friendly, helpful and highly knowledgeable and the food was great. The only downside is the room is noisy, but apart from that, first class.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

A great evening as always at Tutti Matti. The Crostini Misti was amazing...Taleggio and poached pears, red pepper jelly, salami and pecorino, plums, speck and fontina....wow! We split it and it was perfect.

The Agnello dish was a tender, juicy lamb, and my wife had Orata, which she said was delicious too.

It's exactly like being in Italy. Go and enjoy!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a spectacular meal with friends. We met chef and owner Alida, she is very approachable and friendly.
Would highly recommend this restaurant when looking for a Tuscan restaurant.