“Amazing experience”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Turf Lounge is Bay Street's most upscale sports bar and restaurant. It is also the ideal venue for meetings, private dining and events. The compelling dining room is offset by the sleek and modern decor of an impressive and airy bar with high vaulted ceilings and an Art Deco-era bank facade, creating a memorable destination for lunch, dinner, and after-work cocktails. Turf also offers two elegant private rooms which provide a cool yet sophisticated atmosphere perfect for your next corporate or social event.
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

WOW!! great atmosphere, food and service. I had dinner with my wife at Turf and was blown away by the experience. Playing the horses was fun though I had no idea what I was doing. I will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Diam S

Toronto, Canada
“You can bet on good food and single malts”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Beautiful and elegant layout. An old banking hall preserved for drinking and betting. It is a very unusual combo, off-track betting, wonderfully stocked bar and good food! The Irish Bartender was wonderful. I am still not sure how he conned us into not having a single malt scotch; instead we had Irish single malt instead. If you do not tell me relatives, it was excellent and we had three of them! We have steak frites and enjoyed it very much. This can be great after work for a few drinks or quick lunch.

Waitress in the restaurant was excellent with her wit smile and quick service.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank FromToronto2011
Long Beach, California
“If you like the ponies while you eat, this is your place”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Attended company function here and was loads of fun watching live races on TV monitors near or at every table. Food was B+ but not memorable. Great for a group.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank LightPro
London, Canada
“You can bet on horse races here!”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is the first restaurant I visit in Toronto where patrons are given the opportunity to bet on horse races! I went there for a business dinner where I did not have to pay, so I am unsure how expensive the restaurant is, but given the presentation of the 3 course meal we had, my guess is that it's not cheap. I had a tomato and cheese salad to start, the 8 oz steak, and the chocolate cake for desert. I wasn't too happy with the steak (medium rare) that was a little too chewy for my liking. I should have asked for it medium or medium well instead.

The food was good, both from a taste and quality perspective. The place can get loud however if people close to you happen to be betting. We were in a private dining room, so it wasn't bad.

Visited February 2012