“Great place to have a business lunch”

Tundra Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tundra Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #847 of 8,469 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: University
Transit: Queen and University subway station and Queen and York street car station.
Description: From the design to the decor to the menu, Tundra was conceived to evoke the image, the texture and the taste of Canada. Now celebrating 15 delicious years, Tundra remains true to its original concept ... Canadian inspired cuisine. Under the tutelage of Toronto native, Kevin Prendergast, our culinary brigade offers a wealth of cooking techniques and styles, thanks to their multicultural and ethnically diverse backgrounds. Inspired by fresh, locally sourced produce and protein, sustainable seafood and foraged gems from independent purveyors, our team passionately makes each dining experience unique ... Depending on the season and the ingredients. The wine list is well sourced offering variety in by the glass, on tap, bottle and vintage selections. Canadian craft beer and cocktails that are both classic, yet original are always available. Tundra is elegant and stylish, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm, excellent service and always an enchanting experience. It is conveniently located in the heart of the city at Richmond and University Avenue, within the contemporary Hilton Toronto hotel. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with well tailored menus for all dining experiences from power breakfasts to pre-theatre prix fixe menus to corporate, casual or formal events.
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to have a business lunch”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had the Christmas buffet which had TONS of choices - 4 salads, 3 meats, 3 vegetable choices, soup and desserts - all which were amazing. My only complaint - I ate TOO much.
The tables are far enough apart that you can actually do some business well you eat.
The staff were attentive - Manager came by at least 3 times to check on us as well. A hidden gem downtown.

• Visited December 2013
TundraManager, Manager at Tundra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent lunch at Tundra.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and our seasonal holiday lunch buffet. I, too, have indulged in too much turkey and red velvet cake!

Have a great holiday season and we look forward to seeing you again in 2014.

Gainesville, Virginia
“Unexpected delight”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I did not expect to enjoy my dinner as much as I did that night. It's a hotel restaurant, how good could it be, right? Well, this should never be compared to say, the restaurant in a chain hotel in the middle of Ohio. I'm going to have to revise my view of hotel restaurants. I had the pork tenderloin and my dinner guests had other entrees, game hen and gnocchi. All excellent. The décor is modern and clean comfortable.

Visited November 2013
TundraManager, Manager at Tundra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for recent stay at the Hilton Toronto and for dining at Tundra.

The pork tenderloin is certainly one of my favorite dishes on our autumn menu. I happy to hear that you enjoyed it and that your guests enjoyed their dinners as well.

I'm glad to help change opinions of hotel restaurants. We strive to make our guest's hotel visits memorable as well as encourage locals to dine with us as well.

We look forward to serving you again should your travels included downtown Toronto!

Rodney ON
“Totally enjoyable experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

WE had arrived late at the hotel, so rather than wander around the city looking for a place to eat, we decided to check out the in house restaurant, The Tundra. This is a place I should have dressed better for, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Service was swift and courteous. Our server answered all our questions as we ordered, and made sure we understood what we ordered without rubbing our noses in it. Actually, the staff we cordial, almost affable, which made the meal all the more enjoyable.
I started with a Waldorf salad, which was a delight in itself, loaded with candied walnuts and bursting with flavor. The tenderloin was cooked perfectly throughout, the asparagus was crisp and flavorful, and the Pommes Puree (mashed potatoes) were delicious. The chocolate hazelnut ganoche was to die for. Yes, it was pricey, but when you get a meal this well prepared and served, it is absolutely worth it.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bill J
TundraManager, Manager at Tundra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Toronto and for kind words you have offered about our hotel and Tundra.

I am happy to share your comments with our service and culinary team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Tundra should your travel plans included downtown Toronto.

Swanton, Ohio
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great atmosphere! I had the Express lunch and it was delicious. Thai sweet potato soup with curry and coconut, arugula salad and a puff pastry with spinach and cheese.

Visited October 2013
TundraManager, Manager at Tundra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Toronto and for lunching at Tundra.

I am happy to share your kind words with our Team.

We look forward to serving you again should your travel plans included dowtown Toronto.

Vancouver/Whistler
“Group meal was excellent”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The restaurant had a special menu for the group and the choices were great. Staff were right there to oversee everything. Drinks came right away.

Visited September 2013
TundraManager, Manager at Tundra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent dinner at Tundra.

I am happy that your group was able to join us and that we were able to extend our best Tundra service to you.

We, at Tundra, are very excited to host tour groups visiting Toronto and hope that we have the opportunity to server you again!