“A neat experience”

The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,657 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church
Transit: Both Union Station and King Station service The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc. If using the Trolley, exit at the King/Church St. stop and walk south 1 block.
Description: Nestled in the heart of downtown Toronto's St. Lawrence Market Neighbourhood, you dine on plush divans under lantern lit tent. Rich French - Moroccan food and belly dancing performances combine to make your next special event extra special. The Sultan's Tent offers a variety of different seating opportunities throughout the week each with its own belly dance performance. While dining in The Sultan's Tent you choose from our fabulous four-course dinner menu that offers French-Moroccan influenced food to meet the most discerning palate. For a more casual ala carte dining experience, join us in Cafe Moroc. Situated at the entrance to The Sultan's Tent, Cafe Moroc is reminiscent of 1930s Casablanca with its cream colours, dark wood accents and giant palms. Groups of all sizes are welcome in both areas of our restaurant.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

A group of us went here for a birthday celebration. They have a fixed price menu with several courses. You can look on their website in advance to see what you would like. I particularly enjoyed the traditional Moroccan Harira soup and the "cigars". It was all very enjoyable. The atmosphere with the tenting inside the restaurant is beautiful. We also went to see the belly dancing. That was a fun part and some of us got up to get a "mini lesson". It was fun and silly. A great pick me up experience with beautiful surroundings. The service was very good and they checked with us to see that everything was going well.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was all excited to finally try this place out after hearing about it from some people. Wow, what a let down.
Service was decent for the most part. Mind you they never came by to re-fill our water the whole night. Also, we had a different person take our order, bring our food and then give us our bill, which was a little odd.
The food was the real disappointment. Appetizers were cold and sub-par. My main was expensive and a very small portion. You know if I'm going to a fancy la-dee-da restaurant I expect small portions for big money. But this is not a fancy restaurant, and I expect a decent size portion! My side of seasonal vegetables consisted of one eighth of a carrot, one sixteenth of a red pepper and one undercooked brussel sprout. My second side of rice was tiny to say the least. And my fish was two fingers big.
Desert was good, but it couldn't save me from the disappointment.
The belly dancer was nice, for the five minutes she danced and then she was gone and didn't come back. disappointment again.

With doe many restaurants in town, I won't be going back here.

2  Thank Mycroft009
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We celebrated special occasion at The Sultans Tent in early January. The atmosphere and entertainment are very good. This was our second trip to the "tent" and we enjoyed it better than our previous visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We chose this restaurant as we had a group in from across Canada and wanted something a little different. We went on a night the belly dancer didn't typically work but by calling ahead, they accommodated us and so we had the entertainment. The other nice thing about the Tent side of the restaurant is that it is relatively quiet compared to many other restaurants and as such, you could actually talk to others in the group even though we were sitting at 4 smaller tables.

In terms of the food, the selection ranges from fairly traditional fare (for those who aren't adventurous) to some more exotic (although not over the top).... all and all fairly safe. Service was excellent... our waiters were by often and food was served promptly. Taste was good but as others have written, I have eaten better. Portion sizes were adequate... was satisfied and not overly stuffed. I actually felt like eating the dessert vs. being too full to enjoy it. All in all, a good experience.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

First time ever at this restaurant, I am used to the Lebanese restaurants in Montreal, so I was not sure what to expect here.
Overall, Decent food (Ok, not the best food ever in Toronto by far but acceptable enough to enjoy the evening.
Good service, I cannot relate to the previous reviews as the servers were attentive and available for our group of 12.
The decor and the show (Belly dancer) were nice.

All and all an enjoyable evening to remember.