“Nice Restaurant, a taste of the Middle East”

The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,024 of 9,135 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church
Transit: Both Union Station and King Station service The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc. If using the Trolley, exit at the King/Church St. stop and walk south 1 block.
Description: Nestled in the heart of downtown Toronto's St. Lawrence Market Neighbourhood, you dine on plush divans under lantern lit tent. Rich French - Moroccan food and belly dancing performances combine to make your next special event extra special. The Sultan's Tent offers a variety of different seating opportunities throughout the week each with its own belly dance performance. While dining in The Sultan's Tent you choose from our fabulous four-course dinner menu that offers French-Moroccan influenced food to meet the most discerning palate. For a more casual ala carte dining experience, join us in Cafe Moroc. Situated at the entrance to The Sultan's Tent, Cafe Moroc is reminiscent of 1930s Casablanca with its cream colours, dark wood accents and giant palms. Groups of all sizes are welcome in both areas of our restaurant.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

First time ever at this restaurant, I am used to the Lebanese restaurants in Montreal, so I was not sure what to expect here.
Overall, Decent food (Ok, not the best food ever in Toronto by far but acceptable enough to enjoy the evening.
Good service, I cannot relate to the previous reviews as the servers were attentive and available for our group of 12.
The decor and the show (Belly dancer) were nice.

All and all an enjoyable evening to remember.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

very slow service we came first and got served last on everything, very fancy and decorative, the amount of food given and the price of the food don't match at all, my stomach was not even half fulled... payed $93 dollars for one person and the premiums were added on top of the $40 which was a sweet trick they had on thier menu to make money secretly...i guess rich people don't really look at their reciept... and don't care how much they pay. But iif you are a student please do not go there, or middle class its exremely expensive the beef was good but just one peice and the desert just one small peice ... the amount of food was SO LESS!!... the belly dancing was alright seen better .....

4  Thank Sumaiyah I
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My boyfriend and i booked this restaurant for dinner,
We were very excited to go to this place.
As soon as we entered to there, the host took us to the table and gave us menu.

5 min left..
10 min left....
15 min left.....
20 min left....

NO SERVER came to our table to even ask for the beverage order.
So We just left without order nothing.

Thank you for the great experience.

there were too many server on that night, and every server passed in front of us.
It was not like our table was in the corner.
For my personal opinion, even the food is good, if the service is terrible
I would never ever go back to the restaurant.

So i guess for this restaurant, I am not going back there even though I did not try any food.

3  Thank cocoa77
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to pop in for a quick meal. The appetizers and mains were great. We didn't stick around for a show though. Overall, no complaints.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have been wanting to come here for months. Ironically, I managed a trip to the real Morocco before coming here.I walked into an empty restaurant for lunch and immediately knew I wasn't going to get the full experience.The decor also didn't live up to my expectations as the front looked like any trendy Toronto eatery. I specifically asked the hostess where the best atmosphere was and she said the window was best for people watching. Lame...Server came quickly and was polite. Food took a long time. However, that is not a bad thing. It's a mildly exotic menu and a 10 minute rack-of-lamb would mean microwave (yuck). They should provide bread or Moroccan snacks while you wait just to fill the hole that gets angry with each passing minute.Presentation was far too North American for a Moroccan themed restaurant. Food was delicious enough for me to pick up the bone to ensure I got each delicious morsel.On my way out, I walked the entire restaurant. The hostess lied to me. The back was all exotic Moroccan tents, linens and decor. I should have sat in the back for a better time.I will give it another try.